The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

would i get into bath with A*A*C even tho my requirements are AAB

essentially

studying A and F potentially
Reply 1
Some Universities are Flexible about entry standards, I would call admissions - I don't think many people on this forum could be helpful, unless they have been in a similar situation and got into Bath University, or if the Bath Admissions team is lurking on this forum.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by te159311
Some Universities are Flexible about entry standards, I would call admissions - I don't think many people on this forum could be helpful, unless they have been in a similar situation and got into Bath University, or if the Bath Admissions team is lurking on this forum.

said it depends on how many spaces they have left

theyre in uhm extra tho so they still have spaces
Original post by APersonYo
essentially

studying A and F potentially

Why do you think you're realistically going to get 2 A*s when you don't think you'll get a B in the third subject? They might accept it as it's over the points threshold, but they might not because if the offer states AAB, they might want to see you can consistently achieve a certain level across a range of subjects without letting any of them slip. The only way to find out is to call the admissions department and ask them.
Reply 4
Original post by Glassapple
Why do you think you're realistically going to get 2 A*s when you don't think you'll get a B in the third subject? They might accept it as it's over the points threshold, but they might not because if the offer states AAB, they might want to see you can consistently achieve a certain level across a range of subjects. The only way to find out is to call the admissions department and ask them.

Im really good at maths and chemistry

really bad at biology because there is no past papers and you have to memorise a bunch of content which you have no idea what theyll ask you on
Reply 5
Original post by APersonYo
said it depends on how many spaces they have left

theyre in uhm extra tho so they still have spaces

I think you already have the answer to your question here. Your entry would be uncertain with those grades according to what you've said the Admissions Team claimed.
Reply 6
scary:///
Original post by te159311
I think you already have the answer to your question here. Your entry would be uncertain with those grades according to what you've said the Admissions Team claimed.
Original post by Glassapple
Why do you think you're realistically going to get 2 A*s when you don't think you'll get a B in the third subject? They might accept it as it's over the points threshold, but they might not because if the offer states AAB, they might want to see you can consistently achieve a certain level across a range of subjects without letting any of them slip. The only way to find out is to call the admissions department and ask them.

Some people are good at different things. Say if you took 2 humanity/essay subjects + a science or 2 science + essay, I can pretty easily see someone being really good at 2 of their a-levels and not great at one.
Reply 8
Kinda different situation grade wise but my offer last year for chemeng was A*AA, I got A*AB with that B 1 mark off an A and they straight up rejected me :/
Reply 9
Depends on the uni, how busy the course is that year and stuff. Best bet is to call admissions, you can maybe even do it before you receive ur grades and ask about their policy, it might leave a good impression. idk
Reply 10
Original post by pusha a
Kinda different situation grade wise but my offer last year for chemeng was A*AAhoky, I got A*AB with that B 1 mark off an A and they straight up rejected me :/

holy hell savagery

Quick Reply

Latest