The Student Room Group

i am sick of university, i just want it to end !

everyone else was finished in may

because of my mental disorder i have to do everything till july

i am sick of it, i am scared i am gonna fail...

all i want is a 2:2 but i am scared that isnt gonna happen

i actually dont know what to do

i have quit the gym and my belly is shaped like basketball and sticks out, i have quit movies and tv shows all because of studying
Reply 1
Original post by study beats
everyone else was finished in may

because of my mental disorder i have to do everything till july

i am sick of it, i am scared i am gonna fail...

all i want is a 2:2 but i am scared that isnt gonna happen

i actually dont know what to do

i have quit the gym and my belly is shaped like basketball and sticks out, i have quit movies and tv shows all because of studying

I think your priority should be yourself, if you do not feel able to complete the exams - talk to a counsellor, try and get EC's for this exam period and get it postponed to next year. An ideal solution in that year would be to get counselling consistently, whilst trying to study. I know I sound a little crass, but that's not my intention. I hope all goes well for you.
Hey,
I completely understand how you feel, I was in a similar situation to you last year and I just absolutely hated my life at the time. I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling so low. Try and take each day as it comes, not focusing on the long-term too much and July will be here in no time at all.
One piece of advice would be to head back to the gym, or at least go for walks etc. because exercise really is great for your mental (and obviously physical) health.
I hope things start looking up for you soon, it can only get better! Sending love x
Original post by te159311
I think your priority should be yourself, if you do not feel able to complete the exams - talk to a counsellor, try and get EC's for this exam period and get it postponed to next year. An ideal solution in that year would be to get counselling consistently, whilst trying to study. I know I sound a little crass, but that's not my intention. I hope all goes well for you.

its all over isnt it, my life....all over
Original post by Marniandrews
Hey,
I completely understand how you feel, I was in a similar situation to you last year and I just absolutely hated my life at the time. I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling so low. Try and take each day as it comes, not focusing on the long-term too much and July will be here in no time at all.
One piece of advice would be to head back to the gym, or at least go for walks etc. because exercise really is great for your mental (and obviously physical) health.
I hope things start looking up for you soon, it can only get better! Sending love x

thanks, but i still feel bad
Reply 5
its all over isnt it, my life....all over

I wouldn't say that, I know someone who was depressed all of third year, tried to take her own life, was unsuccessful. She got counselling and deferred her exams for a year, she got a 2.1, and now enjoys a very stable life in a good job.

If you do are feeling like this, go to your University Counsellor, get EC's and defer. Letting yourself simmer like this cannot be healthy. Please, talk to your counsellor, who will likely refer you to your GP so you can get a doctors note that backs up your situation. Take the year to get the help you deserve, and try and work towards completing your degree.
Original post by te159311
I wouldn't say that, I know someone who was depressed all of third year, tried to take her own life, was unsuccessful. She got counselling and deferred her exams for a year, she got a 2.1, and now enjoys a very stable life in a good job.

If you do are feeling like this, go to your University Counsellor, get EC's and defer. Letting yourself simmer like this cannot be healthy. Please, talk to your counsellor, who will likely refer you to your GP so you can get a doctors note that backs up your situation. Take the year to get the help you deserve, and try and work towards completing your degree.

i am only getting older and i feel like deferring to next year would be wasting my life away . nothing breaks my heart more than knowing that i have wasted valuable time of my life...

i had to before already drop out of a previous course because i didnt like it and that was a waste of one year too.
Reply 7
i am only getting older and i feel like deferring to next year would be wasting my life away . nothing breaks my heart more than knowing that i have wasted valuable time of my life...

i had to before already drop out of a previous course because i didnt like it and that was a waste of one year too.

It's not really a year wasted though, if you are struggling with your condition, and you finish your degree and perhaps start work, it will eventually start manifesting itself into your worklife. It's better that the situation is resolved properly, through counselling and other services that your GP can refer you to. You are still very, very young, dont ever think you've wasted time. Most of the people i started my graduate job with were 24 or older.
Reply 8
Are you the alleged 'Computer Science' student who couldn't even operate Google without assistance? If so, my sympathy banks are returning a 404 error.
Original post by Profesh
Are you the alleged 'Computer Science' student who couldn't even operate Google without assistance? If so, my sympathy banks are returning a 404 error.

this isnt a joke mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending