The Student Room Group

Unsure about A-Level choices

If I wanted to study physics at uni, how important is it that I take further maths at AS/A level?
I was initially planning to take maths, physics and chemistry with an unrelated AS, but now I'm wondering if I should switch it to further maths. When applying to uni, would it go against me for not taking further maths even though it's not listed as a required subject? Sorry if I've not posted in the right place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gen15
If I wanted to study physics at uni, how important is it that I take further maths at AS/A level?
I was initially planning to take maths, physics and chemistry with an unrelated AS, but now I'm wondering if I should switch it to further maths. When applying to uni, would it go against me for not taking further maths even though it's not listed as a required subject? Sorry if I've not posted in the right place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Further Maths helps, but if it isn't a requirement then not having it will not be held against you. How come you don't want to do FM?
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
Further Maths helps, but if it isn't a requirement then not having it will not be held against you. How come you don't want to do FM?

It's not that I don't want to do it, it's just I feel like if I do maths, physics and further maths my brain might melt!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest