The Student Room Group

What makes a guy attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
What a description of your definition of an attractive guy. I showed a few girls in my university I know pictures of some tumblr pretty" boys (guys I thought were attractive to girls) and the general consensus were that he was too feminin, cute, or "high maintenance", though they did like some features like their eyes and hair. I then showed them guys that were more alpha and the general consensus were that they were more masculin, hot, buff, looks like they could protect him, whilst constantly appreciating and complimenting their bodies and assumed they'll be better sexual partners.

So what's your definition of an attractive guy? Do you like pretty boys or more masculin guys etc?

Generally, I find that I'm not attracted to the guys I find attractive, if that makes sense. I'm more fussed with their personality, rather than their looks.
If you're asking what sort of guys i crush on looks wise, that would probably be the cuties, like Shawn Mendes, or the mature guys like Orlando Bloom (using examples that everyone would know...) I like the cutsie hairstyles, the perfect jawlines, etc.

But, for me the guys I'd be most attracted to are the ones who are good company, not the ****boys... My bf, is not a 10/10 looks wise, but is very respectful, likes a laugh, and is generally good company. These are all qualities which make a guy attractive, imo
Not lanky. Muscular, tall and really smart , funny as hell too
Original post by Sweetpeasw
Generally, I find that I'm not attracted to the guys I find attractive, if that makes sense. I'm more fussed with their personality, rather than their looks.
If you're asking what sort of guys i crush on looks wise, that would probably be the cuties, like Shawn Mendes, or the mature guys like Orlando Bloom (using examples that everyone would know...) I like the cutsie hairstyles, the perfect jawlines, etc.

But, for me the guys I'd be most attracted to are the ones who are good company, not the ****boys... My bf, is not a 10/10 looks wise, but is very respectful, likes a laugh, and is generally good company. These are all qualities which make a guy attractive, imo

You should tell him that.

jk :lol:
Don't need to have tumblr to search tumblr boys on google. Don't believe me? Try it yourself

Instructions not clear. Got penis stuck in tumble drier.
Original post by nrjs96
the only way into anyones heart

the euro is where it's at

some girls prefer yen
Original post by _princessxox
are you black tho

With an Afro
Original post by Popsiclez
Dark as in black?

Not necessarily, but depends on the girls type.
Reply 47
I'll avoid the neurological and biological implications and say this;
Your attraction is determined by how you treat YOURSELF.
so let's break down the clichés into what they actually mean.

1. Confidence = "I may not have the answer now, but I believe (or know from experience) that I'm able to find a solution, and if I don't then I'll be fine anyway."

2.Dignity/Honor/Respect = "There is enough obstacles in the world for me to deal with, I'll try to stop being my own burden."

3. Humility/Compassion = "Not everyone is equal, everyone has their burdens, some burdens cannot be removed, but these people should still live somehow."

4.Appearance (internal and external) = "Appearance isn't about seeking approval, It's about choosing to show others (one of many) parts of yourself."

And for the sake of argument, i'll throw this one in too..

5. Wisdom is the price you pay for hope. A wise person doesn't hope because they know (or figured out) possible turns of events.

I got distracted and probably gave life advice, but whatever, anyway good luck to you! :biggrin:
To be honest I would be lying if I said it's all about personality; it majourity is although I do •Prefer a man to be tall (5'10+ as I'm kinda tall myself)
•keep himself fit and have abit of muscle, I kinda like a little belly too In a way.
•look after himself (haircut regularly, nails clean, clothes not scruffy looking)
•work hard and have set goals and achievements

Turn offs:

-dirty nails
-scruffy looking hair
-smelly breath
- lazy
-to skinny
- 'mummy's boy'
Reply 49
What a description of your definition of an attractive guy. I showed a few girls in my university I know pictures of some tumblr pretty" boys (guys I thought were attractive to girls) and the general consensus were that he was too feminin, cute, or "high maintenance", though they did like some features like their eyes and hair. I then showed them guys that were more alpha and the general consensus were that they were more masculin, hot, buff, looks like they could protect him, whilst constantly appreciating and complimenting their bodies and assumed they'll be better sexual partners.

So what's your definition of an attractive guy? Do you like pretty boys or more masculin guys etc?

Nice personality is so attractive, like a real gent. And also having a bbc like @SmokingChains and being a peg ting like @ShadowSeeker.
Reply 50
Original post by eden3
dark as in they have some BBC action goin y'naam sayin

yaaasssss u my kind of person
Reply 51
Original post by hezzlington
Instructions not clear. Got penis stuck in tumble drier.

GAWWWWD DAYUM mayyyyne yo mushroom tip gone be no mo' good after that mayne.
Original post by eden3
GAWWWWD DAYUM mayyyyne yo mushroom tip gone be no mo' good after that mayne.

only just discovered HT? They're so 2015.
Reply 53
Original post by hezzlington
only just discovered HT? They're so 2015.

Nah bro, been watchin them since 2012 :lol: Crazy how big their channels have gotten
Reply 54
depends on every different person but generally someone with characteristics(genes) that the person would want to have babies with to make strong kids who survive. :wink: :wink: gcse biology ahahhaha. but honestly after my first breakup my standards have gone so low i dont even know whats attractive anymore
I'm a guy but from what I've seen girls like a guy with a big, fat, juicy

Spoiler

I don't why but I think shy guys are the most attractive. The ones that don't constantly seek attention and keep to themselves. The ones that get a bit awkward around girls who are too forward. Those type of guys just really capture my attention and I find them so attractive. Shyness is sexy. Also I think shy guys have the best sense of humour and they are the most loyal and loving.

And he had to smell good. Like honestly it doesnt matter how 'ugly' you are, if you smell good than you are attractive.

Sophisticated and educated guys are very attractive too and I like a guy who you can actually have an intellectual conversation with and share your opinions on things.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 57
Oooo:
Excellent personal hygiene, a nice smile (especially nice teeth, not wonky and definelty very white), polite and well mannered, likes dogs, dresses nicely.

In terms of appearance I love green eyes, prefer beards/stubble, nice lips, taller than me, brunette.....
Reply 58
Original post by Goaded
Oooo:
Excellent personal hygiene, a nice smile (especially nice teeth, not wonky and definelty very white), polite and well mannered, likes dogs, dresses nicely.

In terms of appearance I love green eyes, prefer beards/stubble, nice lips, taller than me, brunette.....

@donutellme ay mayneee!! She tawkin bout she like them pretty green eyeeeessss YYeeeeeeeAAAAHHHHHH
(edited 6 years ago)
1 - being your own person, having your own hobbies and interests, they don't have to be something exciting or quirky just something you enjoy.
It gives you character, it sets you apart.

Taking care of your appearance.
Girls like guys who know how to take care of themselves, be clean, basically.
A small amount of cologne goes a long way since girls typically have a more advanced sense of smell than guys apparently.

Be able to talk, an interesting and engaging conversation will get you a girl, lavishing her with compliments won't. If you can work the two together that's a bonus.

Confidence when talking to women. Confidence isn't just all encompassing. You can be confident in certain areas of your life, but it's based on how good you are at it, you get good at anything by trial and error, failure is part of success.

Don't take a rejection as something negative.
There are two reasons for rejection.
One - you did something wrong, this means you can fix it.
Two - she was not attracted to you. This could be worked on or it was never going to work and your better off knowing that and moving on.0

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending