The Student Room Group

Don't know what to take to my College. Please Help???

I am sorry to post this question in the GCSE forum but I thought that because so many go in this forum so I would post it.

I am doing BTEC LEVEL 3 Extended Diploma in IT in my college but not sure what to take like do I really need them big nike bags like these ones here:_

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nike+bags&rlz=1C5CHFA_enGB740GB740&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwisqKXqwMjUAhWpD8AKHRJuDQ4Q_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=1006#imgdii=0r7-6xkzBxMzdM:&imgrc=ffbxlq_QgrCgAM:

Or the small ones like theses ones here:-

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nike+bags&rlz=1C5CHFA_enGB740GB740&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwisqKXqwMjUAhWpD8AKHRJuDQ4Q_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=1006#imgrc=lZCfz2-ZQN0kGM:

Or theses ones:-

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nike+bags&rlz=1C5CHFA_enGB740GB740&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwisqKXqwMjUAhWpD8AKHRJuDQ4Q_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=1006#imgdii=aS5HYorpdS3QiM:&imgrc=ZYzuBd1jfwYo7M:

I don't think I need a pencil box or something like that, other then a highlighter and a pen. So can you please let me know what did you took to your college. This is especially for those doing BTEC ICT or something related to that.

Thanks for your time and please let me know about the bags. Thanks :smile: :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Apnazain
I am sorry to post this question in the GCSE forum but I thought that because so many go in this forum so I would post it.

I am doing BTEC LEVEL 3 Extended Diploma in IT in my college but not sure what to take like do I really need them big nike bags like these ones here:_

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nike+bags&rlz=1C5CHFA_enGB740GB740&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwisqKXqwMjUAhWpD8AKHRJuDQ4Q_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=1006#imgdii=0r7-6xkzBxMzdM:&imgrc=ffbxlq_QgrCgAM:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nike+bags&rlz=1C5CHFA_enGB740GB740&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwisqKXqwMjUAhWpD8AKHRJuDQ4Q_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=1006#imgrc=lZCfz2-ZQN0kGM:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nike+bags&rlz=1C5CHFA_enGB740GB740&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwisqKXqwMjUAhWpD8AKHRJuDQ4Q_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=1006#imgdii=aS5HYorpdS3QiM:&imgrc=ZYzuBd1jfwYo7M:

I don't think I need a pencil box or something like that, other then a highlighter and a pen. So can you please let me know what did you took to your college. This is especially for those doing BTEC ICT or something related to that.

Thanks for your time and please let me know about the bags. Thanks :smile: :smile:

It really depends on how you take notes digital or on paper?
If digital just the digital item

If paper I personally took a notepad for each module but only took in the notepads for that days modules
Oh also a USB stick

Hey, I did exactly the same BTEC course as you, so I can help! :biggrin:

Most of the time, you're going to be sat at a computer, so you don't need a notepad or markers, just take a pen in case you need to sign something.

You're going to need a USB, because you might want to put some college work on it, so you can carry on doing it at home.

The bags mainly on your preference, but I'd recommend you take a smaller one because you won't be carrying much around, and you won't want a big bag bothering you. :smile:

You should always charge your phone up too, because it can sometimes get boring on those long breaks, so having some games to play or internet to surf can make the time go faster, and is a great conversation starter because it's easier to make lots of friends quickly on a computing course if you're a gamer. :smile:

Hope you enjoy the course and learn lots about computing! :smile:
Original post by thatguy170296

Most of the time, you're going to be sat at a computer, so you don't need a notepad or markers, just take a pen in case you need to sign something.

You're going to need a USB, because you might want to put some college work on it, so you can carry on doing it at home.

The bags mainly on your preference, but I'd recommend you take a smaller one because you won't be carrying much around, and you won't want a big bag bothering you. :smile:

You should always charge your phone up too, because it can sometimes get boring on those long breaks, so having some games to play or internet to surf can make the time go faster, and is a great conversation starter because it's easier to make lots of friends quickly on a computing course if you're a gamer. :smile:

I did the the same BTEC unless we were doing a practical we were forced to take notes by hand.
Original post by niteninja1
I did the the same BTEC unless we were doing a practical we were forced to take notes by hand.

Damn, I never used a notepad once at my college, we were sat at a computer writing up documents all day every day.

I'm not sure if that means I went to a really **** college, or that you went to a really strict one :biggrin:.

In that case, taking a notepad and pen is probably a good idea @Apnazain!
Damn, I never used a notepad once at my college, we were sat at a computer writing up documents all day every day.

I'm not sure if that means I went to a really **** college, or that you went to a really strict one :biggrin:.

At uni as well in lectures I take notes by hand it's easier. I have 5 modules and 1plastic folder and notepad for each so everything is separate and then I only take what I need for the day/lecture
At uni as well in lectures I take notes by hand it's easier. I have 5 modules and 1plastic folder and notepad for each so everything is separate and then I only take what I need for the day/lecture

That's super organised! Respect :yep:

I got better at taking notes at university, once I got into the whole 'lecture' thing. I had one notepad which I used for every module. That thing was crusty as hell, didn't affect my grades though, lived by it come exam time, it was kind of like that book with the teeth from harry potter :rofl:.
That's super organised! Respect :yep:

I got better at taking notes at university, once I got into the whole 'lecture' thing. I had one notepad which I used for every module. That thing was crusty as hell, didn't affect my grades though, lived by it come exam time, it was kind of like that book with the teeth from harry potter :rofl:.

It's fairly simple
Number of notepads and folders = number of modules

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plastic-Foolscap-Document-Wallet-Wallets/dp/B06Y4S6ZCP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497829527&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Plastic+folder&psc=1

It definitely would have helped if I did that, I mean it's simple enough and I did try once but just never kept track of it because I got too lazy.

Didn't cost me with grades though, just meant exam season was hell on earth, looking up like a million lecture slides online and rehearsing answers to past papers until I turned into something from the walking dead :tongue:.
It definitely would have helped if I did that, I mean it's simple enough and I did try once but just never kept track of it because I got too lazy.

Didn't cost me with grades though, just meant exam season was hell on earth, looking up like a million lecture slides online and rehearsing answers to past papers until I turned into something from the walking dead :tongue:.

My exams were multi-choice get results end of month
My exams were multi-choice get results end of month

Good luck! I get my results at the end of the month too, glad to finally be graduating, now just the impending doom of the job search.
(edited 6 years ago)
Thanks for replying mate and really appreciated your time to read it and respond to it. I think I will but them small nike bags like theses one coz they are good and easy aswell to carry. Thanks again. :smile: :smile:

Thanks and I will keep that in mind. :smile: :smile:

Thanks and I will keep that in mind. :smile: :smile:

No problem, good luck with college, I really enjoyed my time there, it teaches you a lot about managing your time and work ethic too, and you meet lots of crazy people :biggrin:
No problem, good luck with college, I really enjoyed my time there, it teaches you a lot about managing your time and work ethic too, and you meet lots of crazy people :biggrin:

Thats the only scary thing like at my school I know everyone and my school also have a sixth form but it is far away so I decide to go to the college next to my house where I don't know anyone so not sure if I will actually make friends.
Thats the only scary thing like at my school I know everyone and my school also have a sixth form but it is far away so I decide to go to the college next to my house where I don't know anyone so not sure if I will actually make friends.

Don't worry, I'm really shy and was in the same situation myself with moving away from my school friends, and I made friends in college :biggrin:.

You just need to make effort to talk with people, like the guy you're sat next to in class, or people outside class before you go in.

Not sure about your college, but my college had sports clubs and stuff like that to join too, so would recommend clubs too! :smile:
I am happy about my college having all of this facilites like they have gym, sports club, I guess swimming pool and a big library. I am going to NewVic College in Newham.

Don't worry, I'm really shy and was in the same situation myself with moving away from my school friends, and I made friends in college :biggrin:.

You just need to make effort to talk with people, like the guy you're sat next to in class, or people outside class before you go in.

Not sure about your college, but my college had sports clubs and stuff like that to join too, so would recommend clubs too! :smile:
I am happy about my college having all of this facilites like they have gym, sports club, I guess swimming pool and a big library. I am going to NewVic College in Newham.

Awesome :smile:

It looks like a great college from having a quick check of the website!

All the best there :^_^:

Quick Reply

Latest