The Student Room Group

am i supposed to send my original identity card?

postgrad application - EU student, Portugal

1- It seems I am required to send my National Identity Card, but am I actually supposed to send the only, original Portuguese Identity Card that I own? It doesn't sound right that I should send it via post, let alone actually not have it with me for who knows how long. Urgent help required!

2- I'm asked to enter my National Insurance Number, however I only have the Portuguese version + I'm not allowed to enter more than 9 digits (the Portuguese NIN is 11 digits long)???

thanks
Original post by Luís C.
postgrad application - EU student, Portugal

1- It seems I am required to send my National Identity Card, but am I actually supposed to send the only, original Portuguese Identity Card that I own? It doesn't sound right that I should send it via post, let alone actually not have it with me for who knows how long. Urgent help required!

2- I'm asked to enter my National Insurance Number, however I only have the Portuguese version + I'm not allowed to enter more than 9 digits (the Portuguese NIN is 11 digits long)???

thanks

1- for postgrad loans you have to send your original ID card or passport. You can send it by courier/special delivery if you'd prefer.

2. You only need an NI number if you're a UK resident. Don't put your Portuguese version in instead.
Original post by PQ
1- for postgrad loans you have to send your original ID card or passport. You can send it by courier/special delivery if you'd prefer.

2. You only need an NI number if you're a UK resident. Don't put your Portuguese version in instead.

Thank for your message. Is there any way I can contact SFE by email? I must insist that it makes no sense for one to send their original ID card to someone else. At least, according to Portuguese law, one should always have their ID with themselves - you have to show it in any situation you're required to identify yourself. It all sounds very fishy to me...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending