The Student Room Group

Vehicle collides with pedestrians in London Finsbury Park

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zamestaneh
IMG-20170619-WA0003.jpg

Nice to see the Daily Fail with its priorities right - why talk about the victims or the motives of the killers when you have another opportunity to make Muslims look bad?

They have changed the title now, but they still include the contents of the title in the introduction. Scum.

It's insensitive to have it as the title - it comes across as almost a justification - but it is journalism to include it in the article. You can't sensor things because it 'makes Muslims look bad'.

If this is a terror attack, this could well have been key in this guy's motivation. (Despite the fact the mosque is now under new management)
Original post by mangatardallys
I'm just saying we shouldn't speculate. It is not news until the facts are known.

I agree , im more interested to see how this incident is portrayed once all the details come to light.

BuzzFeed is hardly a reputable news source. I'll wait for the official statements from the police, thanks.
Reply 83
IMG-20170619-WA0003.jpg

Nice to see the Daily Fail with its priorities right - why talk about the victims or the motives of the killers when you have another opportunity to make Muslims look bad?

They have changed the title now, but they still include the contents of the title in the introduction. Scum.

You think that's bad have a look at this

Notice the difference in language as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
BuzzFeed is hardly a reputable news source. I'll wait for the official statements from the police, thanks.

Lol someone who is clearly on the scene of the terrorist attack is not reputable? okay..
Original post by 1010marina
It's insensitive to have it as the title - it comes across as almost a justification - but it is journalism to include it in the article. You can't sensor things because it 'makes Muslims look bad'.

If this is a terror attack, this could well have been key in this guy's motivation. (Despite the fact the mosque is now under new management)

It is socially irresponsible, which is why the media are such a cancer - they thrive off of contorting public opinion.

The attack itself happened not outside the mosque, but a bit away from it - they jumped over details for the story.
It's a really poor decision if they interrupted coverage for it :/

It was just a breaking story and they wouldn't have had much information on it yet. Sky news wasn't just talking about the attack at 2am- they were talking about other stories as well.
Original post by HAnwar
You think that's bad have a look at this

Notice the difference in language as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

One is breaking news, one is post-sentencing. Of course the coverage is different when all facts are known
Original post by theoneandonlybob
Lol someone who is clearly on the scene of the terrorist attack is not reputable? okay..

Well, it is just one single witness. I do not know if his memory is perfectly accurate. If other witnesses start coming out saying similar things, then it will give more weight to his statements about the event. Then, yes, I will give those witnesses more credit. But as of now, most of this thread is pure speculation.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
I agree , im more interested to see how this incident is portrayed once all the details come to light.

Says the guy who thinks it's "obviously" a terrorist attack.

Right...
It is socially irresponsible, which is why the media are such a cancer - they thrive off of contorting public opinion.

The attack itself happened not outside the mosque, but a bit away from it - they jumped over details for the story.

Why is it socially irresponsible?

In my mind it makes it more likely this was a terror attack - the worshippers from this mosque could have been targeted for it's old extremism links, not just because they were walking down the street together. Of course, it's all just speculation at this point. But you can't not report information because it 'looks bad'.

It's the same as reporting that the Market terror victims were drunk. Yeah, they probably were, and it doesn't affect the attack for them. But it could have contributed to the choice of location
Reply 91
One is breaking news, one is post-sentencing. Of course the coverage is different when all facts are known

Erm videos have been going round of the monster who did this. I'm sure the newspapers have seen it and purposely haven't bothered including his picture in their articles.
Please don't make excuses. Literally no one is buying it.
Original post by HAnwar
Erm videos have been going round of the monster who did this. I'm sure the newspapers have seen it and purposely haven't bothered including his picture in their articles.
Please don't make excuses. Literally no one is buying it.

And what are you trying to say?

I'm saying one is BREAKING NEWS, one is POST SENTENCING.

Not one is muslim and one is white.

Let's check back in a few months when this attacker has been sentenced.
Reply 93
Coexist

The attacker needs love and understanding

Everyone needs to love each other to solve hate

We should all get along

Everyone must forget religion, race and identity
Original post by r3035
Coexist

The attacker needs love and understanding

Everyone needs to love each other to solve hate

We should all get along

Everyone must forget religion, race and identity

Yes, and let's just sweep the very real problem of terrorism in Britain underneath the carpet while we are at it, until this inevitably happens again..
Original post by Dodgypirate
Says the guy who thinks it's "obviously" a terrorist attack.

Right...

101% sure it is , either way lets just find out.
Well, it is just one single witness. I do not know if his memory is perfectly accurate. If other witnesses start coming out saying similar things, then it will give more weight to his statements about the event. Then, yes, I will give those witnesses more credit. But as of now, most of this thread is pure speculation.

On Sky News, another witness said the driver did not say anything. Exactly my point, witnesses will say conflicting things about the event.
Original post by WhiteFightBack
It's justified

Whites are fighting back

I wish more Whites would take one for the team

If we learnt anything from Muslims is how easy it is. All they need is a vehicle and run down some people. Genius!

Drive them out!

You remind me of someone....

Spoiler

It's justified

Whites are fighting back

If we learnt anything from Muslims is how easy it is. All they need is a vehicle and run down some people. Genius!

Drive them out!

There's better ways of getting rid of people out of the country than killing them if you are of that mind.

But anyway obvious troll

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's justified

Whites are fighting back

Drive them out!

I appreciate that you took time out from combing your neck beard to inform us of your political views.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending