The Student Room Group

This question will blow your mind (need mathematicians please)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
If 1 answer is right, then the probability is 25%. But there are two options for 25% so it cant be that.

2. So if two of those answers were right the chance for it to be right is 50%, but only 1 50% is there so It cant be that.

That leaves us with 60%

there are 4 options so 4/100 multiplied by 60 will give us 2.4 , we cant have 2.4 correct answers in this type of question.

So none of the options really work, so there is no real answer. 0% makes me sound cooler but its not actually one of the options.

yeah this makes more sense than what I put, none of the above
Reply 21
So it's 25%, but oh wait, there's two of those options, so 50%, but there's only one 50% so back to 25% again, but then it's 50%...
To those people working it out: When you work it out don't your chances automatically go to 100%?
And to the paradox people: When you get into the paradox don't your chances automatically go to 0%?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Hiling99
To those people working it out: When you work it out don't your chances automatically go to 100%?
And to the paradox people: When you get into the paradox don't your chances automatically go to 0%?

Why would it be 100%. That would mean you definitely will get the right answer.
Original post by Emms98
So it's 25%, but oh wait, there's two of those options, so 50%, but there's only one 50% so back to 25% again, but then it's 50%...

Yeah, I know right?

Quick Reply

Latest