The Student Room Group

Vehicle collides with pedestrians in London Finsbury Park

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1010marina
There was an eyewitness on reddit (I know ... ) who claimed to be driving nearby at the time and saw the van drive away, and then the immediate aftermath. Apparently the police arrived extremely quickly​, as they always have done for such attacks.

I'm sure they will provide a statement that gives more information soon

Any one involved in a major incident 1 minute feels like 1 hour.

It takes time for information to be passed down. You can bet several locations were given. So had to work out which one is live and go from there.
(edited 6 years ago)
I wonder how he was radicalised?
IMG_0543.JPG
Original post by desaf1
Apparently police took ages to come to the scene, according to eyewitness.

Theres your next narrative, then:

"Why did the police take longer to arrive when Muslims were hurt/killed?"

I'm ready to bet they were there in under 10 mins.
Can everybody (by everybody, I mean the same few people every damn time something like this happens), just calm down for a second
Original post by Dodgypirate

A witness on BBC news said they took an hour to get there.

I agree I would say 8 to 10 minutes mad.
Reply 186
Original post by IdeasForLife
We'll see soon.

Islamist terrorist suspects are also subject to the same mental health assessment.

TBH, anyone who can deliberately, violently and unnecessarily kill another person (outside of the context of military combat) is clearly suffering from mental health issues, by definition.
Lee Rigby's killers were similarly assessed. One was diagnosed with mental health problems and both were charged with murder and attempted murder, not terrorism offences. So not really sure what your point is?
Original post by desaf1

I think you will find that they are lying.
Original post by desaf1

I bet to them it felt like 1 hour. But people loose track of time when something like that happens.
Original post by desaf1

I seriously doubt that.

It took police 6 minutes to get to the London Bridge scene after calls of a van ramming people... which is I'm sure what people called 999 for on this occasion.
Original post by QE2
Islamist terrorist suspects are also subject to the same mental health assessment.

TBH, anyone who can deliberately, violently and unnecessarily kill another person (outside of the context of military combat) is clearly suffering from mental health issues, by definition.
Lee Rigby's killers were similarly assessed. One was diagnosed with mental health problems and both were charged with murder and attempted murder, not terrorism offences. So not really sure what your point is?

My point was that we'll see soon whether he has mental problems or not?

You seem a bit desperate to argue.
I seriously doubt that.

It took police 6 minutes to get to the London Bridge scene after calls of a van ramming people... which is I'm sure what people called 999 for on this occasion.

I also doubt that. I live very close to Finsbury Park and that place is a ghetto. Emergency services won't take an hour to get there for a reported incident.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Desaf1 needs serious help.

I'm sure this person will soon be on the list helping Counter Terrorism Command with their enquiries.
Reply 193
Original post by Rooster11366
Oh ISIS don't kill Muslims then.
The difference is that ISIS would not call the Muslims they kill "Muslims".

Wouldn't you agree that anyone who sets out to kill innocent people is suffering from a mental health condition?
Original post by QE2

I don't agree with the idea that people are clearly suffering from mental health issues. I don't view the Lee Rigby murderers as having mental health issues. Hatred is a different beast altogether, unrelated to mental health issues in my view.

Not to say you can't have both hatred induced killings and mental health issues, but they are independent of each other.

Would you class Osama as having mental health issues? I wouldn't.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by QE2
The difference is that ISIS would not call the Muslims they kill "Muslims".

Just because they do not see them as Muslims. Does not mean they are not Muslims.
Original post by Meany Pie
Wouldn't you agree that anyone who sets out to kill innocent people is suffering from a mental health condition?

I wouldn't, it might even offend people who actually have mental health issues. (This guy may or may not have mental health issues, but it isn't a requirement to do said actions).
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 198

I'm just surprised to see you outside of ISOC, commenting on terrorist attacks. It's not usually your thing.
We shouldn't jump to conclusions - for all you know it was a muslim.

And even if it was a white person, we need to understand the process of radicalisation and the effect that muslim violence has on fostering radical beliefs in the community.

Muslims need to change and become more tolerant and accepting, we need to ban hate preachers and the like in order not to give oxygen to radicals that distort the peaceful teachings of christ to drive lone men to commit acts of violence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending