The Student Room Group

Strange arrangement has me on edge

My current girlfriend lives in a house with a few people she went to uni with. The trouble is, one of these people she was with for 5 years and they split a few months ago.

This is disconcerting to me, am I right to wonder perhaps if they might still have feelings for each other? Especially as they'll see each other daily. 5 years is a long time to be with someone.
Original post by Anonymous
My current girlfriend lives in a house with a few people she went to uni with. The trouble is, one of these people she was with for 5 years and they split a few months ago.

This is disconcerting to me, am I right to wonder perhaps if they might still have feelings for each other? Especially as they'll see each other daily. 5 years is a long time to be with someone.

The issue may be with the lease on the house. if she has signed it for a certain amount of time then she wont be able to leave before the lease is up unless she can find someone else to take her place. if she did this before the break up then it makes perfect scene, its why its generally thought better not to date your housemates. But if they are being adult about it it shouldn't matter :smile:

If, on the other hand, she agreed to stay with him after the break up, you may want to discuss your feeling about it with her. If there is a reason that makes sense then you'll feel better about it, if not you need to discuss that with her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending