The Student Room Group

Edexcel B3 unofficial markscheme 19th June 2017

Scroll to see replies

It was 24, it explicitly stated in bold that that there were two groups with a total of 16000.
What did people get for the punnett square question?
Original post by Olivia2442

25%
Original post by Olivia2442

25%
I got a four digit number for the HIV calculation question:frown:
was the answer for 1 mark classical or operant conditioning ?
Original post by caitlinn124
was the answer for 1 mark classical or operant conditioning ?

Operant
Reply 28
Original post by Jennifercullen
25%

its 50% because it was only to do with the male not male and female
i put 25% though :/
What did u guys say for the cheese making one? I mentioned chymosin, it was first in calves' stomach and it's now genetically modified from yeast and it's cheap and quick to make
Original post by Aaron jhooty
What did u guys say for the cheese making one? I mentioned chymosin, it was first in calves' stomach and it's now genetically modified from yeast and it's cheap and quick to make

Yep, that's what I said as well - GM bacteria now produces it so it doesn't harm any animals so it's suitable for vegetarians.
Reply 31
Original post by Schoolstudent01
I got 48 people

I used the total to work out the percentage of the total and got 100 or one and 148 for the other. 148-100= 48

Did anyone else do this?

Yes I did

Chymosin makes it into curds and then the curds are pressed together to form cheese
Reply 33
Original post by jamesdby
It was 24, it explicitly stated in bold that that there were two groups with a total of 16000.

I split 1600 into two groups (800) and multiplied both by the different percentage separately and worked out the difference and I got 48
sooo i dont get why it's 24 :/
What about the last six marker? I mentioned sodium algninate solution with calcium chloride solution to form calcium Alginate with immobilised enzymes in there. I also said immobilised enzymes are enzymes trapped in or on an inert material. For the actual process I talked about how lactase is immobilised and converts lactose into galactose and fructose, and this makes sure those who don't naturally produce the enzyme lactase don't become unwell when drinking the lactose free milk
The first question was species 2 because their tail thing was 25mm so it exactly could fit and reach into the plant to get the nectar wasn't it?
The co-evolution one was:
.natural selection of the 2 species where they evolved to have favourable characteristics to survive
.mutations occurred
.they became reliant upon one another
.you could've also mentioned how it's a specific unique relationship between the 2 species
What about the last six marker? I mentioned sodium algninate solution with calcium chloride solution to form calcium Alginate with immobilised enzymes in there. I also said immobilised enzymes are enzymes trapped in or on an inert material. For the actual process I talked about how lactase is immobilised and converts lactose into galactose and fructose, and this makes sure those who don't naturally produce the enzyme lactase don't become unwell when drinking the lactose free milk

Its galactose and glucose not galactose and fructose
How much do you guys think it will be for an a*?
How much do you guys think it will be for an a*?

Probably about 50 give or take

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending