The Student Room Group

Bacon is overrated.

Poll

Do you love bacon?

I know this opinion will cause uproar amongst many of you die-hard bacon fans, but I never saw what the fuss was about.

I have never tried bacon which has made me want to go "WOW THIS IS AMAZING". I'll eat it if it's there - but I never crave it or require it in order to enjoy a meal. In fact, I prefer bacon-less breakfasts to a full english.

Anyone else here agree?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bezoar
I know this opinion will cause uproar amongst many of you die-hard bacon fans, but I never saw what the fuss was about.

I have never tried bacon which has made me want to go "WOW THIS IS AMAZING". I'll eat it if it's there - but I never crave it or require it in order to enjoy a meal. In fact, I prefer bacon-less breakfasts to a full english.

Anyone else here agree?

Ainsley-Harriott-330450.jpg
Original post by Bezoar

Anyone else here agree?

Original post by Reality Check
Ainsley-Harriott-330450.jpg

Ahh don't get me wrong, I am partial to a bit of spicy meat now and there, particularly chicken or the odd cheeseburger. But bacon is just..... boring
Reply 4
Bacon is good on anything, it's just the combination of fat, salt and smokiness.
Bacon is nice at times, but it isn't that amazing.

"Bacon is good for me!"

[video]https://youtu.be/2T_obaO46Bo[/video]

Damn video not displaying, why you gotta be like this TSR?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

"Bacon is good for me!"

[video]https://youtu.be/2T_obaO46Bo[/video]

chicken nuggets is like my family
I like bacon, but some people go on about it like it's one of the greatest foods in the world whereas I find it a bit... meh. Especially crispy bacon, horrible stuff, like eating barbequed shoes. Boiled bacon is the best :biggrin: I hate crispy, dry meat in general, succulence is where it's at.
I've been vegetarian for 7 years but prior to that, I never ate bacon.
The smell and texture always made me feel really sick?

But to be fair I was a really pick eater as a child and the only meat I'd eat was chicken. Mainly in chicken nugget form aha...
I'm not a fan of it.
Bacon is great, otherwise my friends and I wouldn't call it bae-con
Original post by WoodyMKC
I like bacon, but some people go on about it like it's one of the greatest foods in the world whereas I find it a bit... meh. Especially crispy bacon, horrible stuff, like eating barbequed shoes. Boiled bacon is the best :biggrin: I hate crispy, dry meat in general, succulence is where it's at.

Exactly my feelings on the matter - a juicy chicken breast always beats a strip of underwhelming, chewy bacon
Original post by Bezoar

Anyone else here agree?

This is...you can't just...ugh why...I'm Insulted:colonhash:
I reckon you are going to get people voting no when they mean yes.
Reply 15
Original post by WoodyMKC

Ribs > Bacon

If ribs are done right on a bbq slowly, it's basically like going to heaven.
Bacon is best with maple syrup, I find...

If there's bacon, I have it. It's just that I can cope without bacon, but it is one of the best meats you can have :smile:
Original post by jhgjhgg
Ribs > Bacon

If ribs are done right on a bbq slowly, it's basically like going to heaven.

PRSOM.
Original post by Bezoar
Exactly my feelings on the matter - a juicy chicken breast always beats a strip of underwhelming, chewy bacon

Chicken thigh yeah, breast, na. Breast needs a gravy or sauce.
It really is! Some salty crap

Quick Reply

Latest