The Student Room Group

Retaking A2- advise (aqa applied business)

Just looking for advise, I have already emailed tutor also.
Basically, I've walked out of my applied business exam only completing half the exam.. This was due to me stupidly getting confused with end times as there was two exams going on at once.
Anyway I was almost certain for getting an A overall, but now that's impossible. And I won't be getting into the uni I want.
So I was just wondering on the possibilities of retaking the exam and how this works. I'm just unsure as I believe that the current as' are doing a completely different spec.
Ps. I need AAB to get into lboro, I don't want to go to another uni. I feel like I will end with AB C/B - in so applied business due to in completion of theory.
Will this effect my chances.
Thankyou
(edited 6 years ago)
Firstly, there's still a chance they might accept you, have faith and don't assume the worst until results day.
I retook my A2 this year, still got 5/5 offers, 3 of which where Russel group universities, with CCD overall, ABB at AS.
If lboro don't accept you and you don't want to fall back to your insurance then retaking your A2 isn't a bad idea.
And if you do retake A2, relax! Enjoy yourself and have fun for the first months just like your friends will be doing, and plan to pick the work back up at least by Christmas. It gives you 2/3 months then to settle down or even find a part time job to make your PS stronger.
Reply 2
Original post by Parametric
Firstly, there's still a chance they might accept you, have faith and don't assume the worst until results day.
I retook my A2 this year, still got 5/5 offers, 3 of which where Russel group universities, with CCD overall, ABB at AS.
If lboro don't accept you and you don't want to fall back to your insurance then retaking your A2 isn't a bad idea.
And if you do retake A2, relax! Enjoy yourself and have fun for the first months just like your friends will be doing, and plan to pick the work back up at least by Christmas. It gives you 2/3 months then to settle down or even find a part time job to make your PS stronger.

Thanks a lot for the reply.
If I don't get into lboro then a resit is 100% what i want to do.
I'm just not sure if this is possible with aqa applied business, as I think it's been scraped or something. Any idea where I can find out? Thanks a lot
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Im not usually one of these but its advice not advise, it made me cringe too much to not say anything :3

affect*
scrapped*
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by joey567
Thanks a lot for the reply.
If I don't get into lboro then a resit is 100% what i want to do.
I'm just not sure if this is possible with aqa applied business, as I think it's been scraped or something. Any idea where I can find out? Thanks a lot

No problem :smile:
Indeed some courses have changed their specification over this year, and next year too I believe. It depends, if you're doing the new linear A-level then I'm pretty sure you can resit. If the business specification changes next year then there will be one more year for you to resit your business exams until the change.
I'd advise contacting your college's exam office or better still your business teachers and ask.
Reply 5
Also you should have asked the invigilator to confirm. I had chemistry today but there were two times written, so i asked and they told me that one of the times was for last years retake. If you're not sure you should ask, you can't really complain if you didn't bother to ask and just carried on, oblivious to what time your exam was ending.
Reply 6
Original post by Zaydy3
Also you should have asked the invigilator to confirm. I had chemistry today but there were two times written, so i asked and they told me that one of the times was for last years retake. If you're not sure you should ask, you can't really complain if you didn't bother to ask and just carried on, oblivious to what time your exam was ending.

Im not complaining, I understand that was my fault. But in the exam I would of asked if I was unsure. It was only at the end that I realised I got it all wrong. Don't really understand how considering I've gone over past paper many times in timed conditions. But that's what happened..
Reply 7
Original post by joey567
Just looking for advise, I have already emailed tutor also.
Basically, I've walked out of my applied business exam only completing half the exam.. This was due to me stupidly getting confused with end times as there was two exams going on at once.
Anyway I was almost certain for getting an A overall, but now that's impossible. And I won't be getting into the uni I want.
So I was just wondering on the possibilities of retaking the exam and how this works. I'm just unsure as I believe that the current as' are doing a completely different spec.
Ps. I need AAB to get into lboro, I don't want to go to another uni. I feel like I will end with AB C/B - in so applied business due to in completion of theory.
Will this effect my chances.
Thankyou

I'd just focus on the Unit 15 test on friday, with lower grade boundaries in it, its easier to get a higher grade so nothing is impossible.

Quick Reply

Latest