The Student Room Group

It's so hot in the UK rn!

Scroll to see replies

Every room in my house in super hot. Might have to do my revision in the shower or something
This Is nothing compared to the heat waves we have in the Middle East. It's much more pleasant in the UK
Just desperately sat here trying to revise. I have 2 exams tomorrow and I'm trying to cram all this info in my head (bad idea).

I wish I didn't have to walk 20 mins for a slushie, otherwise I'd totally be on it. Deffo can't walk for 20 mins in this heat.

The worst thing about this weather is the flies :frown:
It's so HOT over here.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
It's so HOT over here.

It is for someone as white as me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meany Pie
It is for someone as white as me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least Summer is here because I wouldn't prefer Winter.
Reply 26
Original post by Amefish
Just desperately sat here trying to revise. I have 2 exams tomorrow and I'm trying to cram all this info in my head (bad idea).

I wish I didn't have to walk 20 mins for a slushie, otherwise I'd totally be on it. Deffo can't walk for 20 mins in this heat.

And the mosquitoes.
Original post by Amefish

Tell me about it. 😪 These files are EVERYWHERE if one goes another comes.
Reply 28
Original post by queen-bee
This Is nothing compared to the heat waves we have in the Middle East. It's much more pleasant in the UK

Yeah true. It's a lot worse there than here.
Took off my inner lining of my motorbike jacket, ditched the balaclava and ditched my longsleeve (hey ho here comes ezchema). I'm still bloody hot. Bought cold water and Coca Cola woopee
At least Summer is here because I wouldn't prefer Winter.

I want winter back :emo:

Winter is the best :snowm:
I want winter back :emo:

Winter is the best :snowm:

But it's to cold, and I wouldn't want to freeze.
I can't revise in this weather :bawling:
But it's to cold, and I wouldn't want to freeze.

Cold is good, cold is a time for snuggling up with a blanket and hot chocolate.
Original post by S2M
And the mosquitoes.

Mosquitoes in the UK?

Original post by queen-bee

A girl I know from Iran can't stand the heat in England, she says it's much more humid and it makes her feel ill. Although it doesn't seem very humid at the moment, and the Middle East gets a lot hotter than it does in the UK.

Humid or not, I think the UK summers are probably much more bearable!
Cold is good, cold is a time for snuggling up with a blanket and hot chocolate.

😂 True near the fireplace.
Reply 36
33.3C and rising (in the shade, before anyone asks...)

Spoiler

Original post by Orgi.material_99
I'm in Harrow. It's hot - 32.8C

You?

By the way, you're welcome. :-) X

Ooh, I'm visiting Northampton, but I'm actually from London, and I moved to Qatar. So basically, I'm visiting Northampton. If you get me.

32.8???? OMG that's extreme! It's 31C here so just 2 degrees less actually :lol:
The heat in the Middle East is different even during summer. In the U.K. you feel the rays much stronger whereas in the Middle East it's just very warm air. Plus there is no way I'd be able to get a tan in the Middle East as close to the one I've just gotten from stepping outside today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Amefish
Mosquitoes in the UK?

A girl I know from Iran can't stand the heat in England, she says it's much more humid and it makes her feel ill. Although it doesn't seem very humid at the moment, and the Middle East gets a lot hotter than it does in the UK.

Humid or not, I think the UK summers are probably much more bearable!

Yes, I was bit yesterday.

Quick Reply

Latest