The Student Room Group

Vehicle collides with pedestrians in London Finsbury Park

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reality Check
It's a really good question - and one to which there aren't any easy answers. It has to come down to the TSR community itself making clear that islamophobic, racist and other hate speech isn't welcome by the community and won't be tolerated - that and enforcement of the rules by the ST and CT.

Thanks y'all :heart:
Reply 381
Original post by queen-bee
NO,You And your sort need to get over yourselves. Hate will not prevail,did you no thought listen to the PMs speech?!

and as for the muslims on here please don't feel disheartened by the sickening comments and threads we continue to see Day In And Day out.

Prsom thanks
I simply stated Muslims face increased hate crimes towards them. That shouldn't excuse dowplaying people's deaths. Look at some of the comments on here justifying what happened,I wondered who started those. People just want an excuse to rant about their hateful views. I'll just keep reporting and move on

Looking at a few threads on here. The rants are going both ways.

Neither are ok,but that is life I guess.

You can't blame people sometimes when feelings are so high at the minute.

We all need to calm down
Original post by Rooster11366
Looking at a few threads on here. The rants are going both ways.

Neither are ok,but that is life I guess.

You can't blame people sometimes when feelings are so high at the minute.

We all need to calm down

Amen to that
I simply stated Muslims face increased hate crimes towards them. That shouldn't excuse dowplaying people's deaths. Look at some of the comments on here justifying what happened,I wondered who started those. People just want an excuse to rant about their hateful views. I'll just keep reporting and move on

You weren't particularly clear about it, from what I have seen they were arguing your points not playing down deaths.

I haven't seen any comments justifying them, can you quote them?
Reply 385
The thing is,most of them would never dare say the same thing to a Muslim on the street. That's anonymity for you.
This accusation comes up time and again and I fail to see how it is any kind of argument.
Why do you think atheists would be scared to challenge and criticise Islam IRL under their real names or to Muslims in the street? Any idea?

And sorry to disappoint you but I have had plenty of arguments with Muslims about Islam IRL (and with Christians about Christianity) . My uni A&HSoc had many a debate with ISoc and CSoc.

Just keep reporting. TSR should take a tough stance,too and not let it carry on. Most of them are low key racists also. They can't go a whole week without having to rant about minorities or Muslims blah blah blah.
Yes, indeed. Rather than counter their arguments, just shut down the debate. It's almost as it you don't have answers.
The racists and xenophobes should be easy to defeat because they have no rational argument. So why not give it a go instead of running crying to mummy?
Original post by Meany Pie
You weren't particularly clear about it, from what I have seen they were arguing your points not playing down deaths.

Check the first but few page of the thread,not going to go through them one by one(using tsr on my phone). I'm not the only one that's seen those comments as some have already commented on it so it's not hard to miss
Reply 387
Original post by babsxox
"And people die every minute of every day" so we're already playing down this incident already okay then
Oh, do keep up. The poster accused me of something or other because I'm arguing on a debate forum 12 hours after someone was killed.
People dying doesn't mean I stop doing all the things I do. And challenging flawed arguments on here is one of the things I do.

also i have literally no clue why you said that stuff about the """vilest of animals""" when it has literally nothing to do with this (unless there was some previous history between y'all i honestly can't see a reason why you'd have to bring this up now anyway).
It is a strange thing to butt into someone's already running discussion and tell them what they should and shouldn't be talking about.

Remember that I said that one of the things I do is challenge flawed arguments on TSR? Well, your comment is an example of why I feel obliged to do it!
Reply 388
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Can a mod please ban this useless being?
On what grounds?
At least I haven't personally denigrated the worth of another member. Like you just did.
Careful of that irony, it's hot.
@QE2 you made a very serious accusation about a few members on this site with no proof and just a few excuses stating why you can't prove it

I think it's best to not take you serious after that

Do carry on though

You yourself down played them lol
Original post by babsxox
"And people die every minute of every day" so we're already playing down this incident already okay then

also i have literally no clue why you said that stuff about the """vilest of animals""" when it has literally nothing to do with this (unless there was some previous history between y'all i honestly can't see a reason why you'd have to bring this up now anyway).

Habibti :heart:
Reply 391
Original post by Trapz99
@QE2
Can you show me where you got these statistics from?
The internet. A variety of sources.
Just Google Islamophobic and Islamist attack and casualty statistics since 2005.
Original post by QE2
On what grounds?
At least I haven't personally denigrated the worth of another member. Like you just did.
Careful of that irony, it's hot.

You have. You called me an Islamist apologist for whatever ****ing reason. Stop denigrating Muslims. If you have a problem with Islam that's down to you but Muslims are humans just like you and I,so stop making them seem like worthless beings. And unfortunately so many people on this thread have the same thought and as you
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
You yourself down played them lol

I didn't down play them, I compared this attack to another recent attack. Although it seems unconfirmed now what anyone has actually died as a direct result of the attack.

I never justified them.
Reply 394
Please seek help. Stop with the us and them mentality that Is getting people ****ing killed out in these streets. People are ****ing dying,wake the **** up. Your fellow human beings. I don't give a **** if you're an ex Muslim or not,human life is human life.precious. Whether you're blue black purple yellow white.
I am well aware of that.
However, I fail to see why it should mean that we should give flawed arguments a free pass.

You were the one who came on here implying that Muslims are as, or more, at risk of attack than other groups. Yet when I challenge your assertion, suddenly we have to stop talking about "us and them" because that's now bad and we shouldn't do it coz we're all the same.

You can't have it both ways.
Reply 395
Original post by NickLCFC
The person who did this was a WHITE MAN. This was an Islamophobic terrorist attack.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Islamophobia is a much bigger problem in the UK than so-called "Islamic terrorism".

Is that why the number of Islamic terror attacks far outnumbers the number of white terror attacks on Muslims? You're insane. Islamic terror is by far the biggest threat to global civilization.
I didn't down play them, I compared this attack to another recent attack. Although it seems unconfirmed now what anyone has actually died as a direct result of the attack.

I never justified them.

You implied one incident was worse than the other. And I never said you justified them.

I'm not out to get you btw, bad timing for you lol, Anyway I'm done with threads like these from now on. (fingers crossed)
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
You implied one incident was worse than the other. And I never said you justified them.

I'm not out to get you btw, bad timing for you lol, Anyway I'm done with threads like these from now on. (fingers crossed)

Downplaying would mean I think it isn't serious which it is. But in comparison it isn't as serious.

I didn't think you were going after to me.
Downplaying would mean I think it isn't serious which it is. But in comparison it isn't as serious.

I didn't think you were going after to me.

Damn.. you did it again. Strong urge to say something about this but I wont.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending