The Student Room Group

B3 revision checklist - what did and didn't come up last year

Grab your A* by focusing on what did not come up last years. The document attached has highlighted sub-topics which came up last year and for how many marks. This should help you to discover gaps and focus on certain topics
Original post by Akshar99
Grab your A* by focusing on what did not come up last years. The document attached has highlighted sub-topics which came up last year and for how many marks. This should help you to discover gaps and focus on certain topics

Thank you very much this is very helpful indeed.
Reply 2
No problem, do follow me to get more help and resources
Reply 3
Thank you mate.

Reply 4
Original post by amal29
Thank you mate.

no problem, do let me know if you have any quary for triple science
Do you have any 6 marker predictions?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Pastels123
Do you have any 6 marker predictions?

They are just PREDICTED/POTENTIAL 6 markers
Topic 1 - Something about immune responce and advantages and risks associated with immunisation (last year 25 marks came up form this topic so 6 markers are very unlikely)

Topic 2 - how plants and animals have co-evolved, including: flower structure and insect behaviour in pollination, plant defence and animal metabolism
- Explain how animals use a variety of types of signals to communicate, including: a sound signals b chemical signals (pheromones) c visual signals (gestures, body language, facial expressions

Topic 3 - Explain the advantages of using mycoprotein as a food source
- Demonstrate an understanding of the costs and benefits of genetic modification of crop plants in the context of developed and developing countries, including the introduction of flavonoids in the purple tomato

AFTER ALL OF THAT MY ADVIDE WILL BE TO REVICE TOPIC 3 because there are many gaps in this topic
(edited 6 years ago)
Will you be doing a similar kind of list for C3?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Pastels123
Will you be doing a similar kind of list for C3?

Potential 6 Markers -
Topic 1 VERY UNLIKELY
Topic 2 - Carry out an acid-base titration to prepare a salt from a soluble base
Topic 3 - Explain the formation of the products in the electrolysis, using inert electrodes, of some electrolytes, including: a copper chloride solution b copper sulfate solution c sodium sulfate solution d molten lead bromide
- Describe how can you electroplate an object.
Topic 4 - Haber process
Topic 5 - I think esters will be the main topic but they can throw in question asking for advantages and disadvantages of using fermentation and hydration of ethene to produce ethonol OR How to produce margarine
Potential 6 Markers -
Topic 1 VERY UNLIKELY
Topic 2 - Carry out an acid-base titration to prepare a salt from a soluble base
Topic 3 - Explain the formation of the products in the electrolysis, using inert electrodes, of some electrolytes, including: a copper chloride solution b copper sulfate solution c sodium sulfate solution d molten lead bromide
- Describe how can you electroplate an object.
Topic 4 - Haber process
Topic 5 - I think esters will be the main topic but they can throw in question asking for advantages and disadvantages of using fermentation and hydration of ethene to produce ethonol OR How to produce margarine

What do you predict that might come up as the 6 markers for P3?
Thank you for your help !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending