The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Valyrian
Feminism is the idea that females will one day be equal to males. Males already have too many privileges compared to women and I don't care what you say, that is fact.

Males do not have so many priviledges then women you filthy feminist.
Reply 41
Original post by adorable16
I get that but not all feminists:smile:

I find it ironic how feminists literally tore apart the 'not all men' hashtag in response to feminists' accusations of the patriarchy and male priviledge, but you just used the same excuse lol
Original post by AB199
I find it ironic how feminists literally tore apart the 'not all men' hashtag in response to feminists' accusations of the patriarchy and male priviledge, but you just used the same excuse lol

I am confused? sorry
Reply 43
Original post by slade p
Males do not have so many priviledges then women you filthy feminist.

Than*

If I'm a filthy feminist I may as well be a filthy grammar nazi too.
Reply 46
Than*

You certainly are a feminazi, but enjoy it while it lasts because people are seeing what feminism is really about so feminists won't be able to brainwash people to the filth of feminism for much longer. It's funny though because feminists are getting really desperate now with the new shaming words you have created recently.
Original post by slade p
You certainly are a feminazi, but enjoy it while it lasts because people are seeing what feminism is really about so feminists won't be able to brainwash people to the filth of feminism for much longer. It's funny though because feminists are getting really desperate now with the new shaming words you have created recently.

I don't think 'feminazi' is applicable to me because whilst I think there is evidence that females are the less preferred sex to males, I am not extremist. I don't hate men. I don't protest all the time (or at all, really) and I sure as hell don't hate people for their own opinions about gender inequality.
Than*

Why don't you actually give examples of your claim instead of acting smart? You already ignored 3 people who asked :nope:
Feminism is a whole load of balls. Women think they aren't given equal opportunities to men, but actually they are. Look at the biggest political parties in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. All have female leaders. Also, Hillary Clinton received more than 2.5 million more votes than Trump in the Presidential election. Yet in our society is sexist and women aren't given a chance? Sexism is a thing of the past.
Reply 50
Original post by JAMAL 69
Feminism is a whole load of balls. Women think they aren't given equal opportunities to men, but actually they are. Look at the biggest political parties in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. All have female leaders. Also, Hillary Clinton received more than 2.5 million more votes than Trump in the Presidential election. Yet in our society is sexist and women aren't given a chance? Sexism is a thing of the past.

I myself am not a feminist, but think it's quite difficult to base your argument off a few anecdotal examples of women in power as an example of equality, it could easily be argued the opposite way by saying that the majority of political leaders are male.
Original post by Script Kiddie
Why don't you actually give examples of your claim instead of acting smart? You already ignored 3 people who asked :nope:

I really think it's common sense as to why I think that women are still not equal to men besides the stubborn wage pay gap.

Ok, let's talk about products we need to use for living e.g. the scary period stuff that men don't like women mentioning. Yup. We pay more for items that we actually need to be healthy. Tampon tax - hello!
Do I even need to mention about how the same shaving products for men costs considerably less in comparison to women?

I don't need to talk about how women earn on average 16% less than the ordinary John Doe.

Let's not talk about the sexual stigma around women wearing 'less clothes than they should be outside in the presence of men because they CLEARLY ask for trouble'. I'm not saying men are excluded from sexual harassment and rape, but women's figures definitely out-do men's.

Let's talk about how sports is very male-orientated and that women's efforts aren't recognised as strongly as male participants in the same sport e.g. Football/Soccer.

What about the third-world demographic who are still 'old-fashioned' and believe that women should be only alive for the sake of bearing children or 'being in the kitchen' and not out in the real world.

Let's talk about job positions and how most favoured positions are taken by men. Let's talk about how job roles such as teachers and nurses are associated with femininity. Let's talk about how many CEO's are men and not women. Let's talk about how women aren't paid for maternity leave.

Do you want more?
Reply 52
Imagine males having thousands of years worth of privilege and whining over the 'fem' part of feminism. lol
Original post by AB199
I myself am not a feminist, but think it's quite difficult to base your argument off a few anecdotal examples of women in power as an example of equality, it could easily be argued the opposite way by saying that the majority of political leaders are male.

What I'm saying is that in the UK, where the majority of people on here are from, women are given equal opportunities to men. If women really do care about equality then they should stop talking about their own gender.
Reply 54
I really think it's common sense as to why I think that women are still not equal to men besides the stubborn wage pay gap.

Ok, let's talk about products we need to use for living e.g. the scary period stuff that men don't like women mentioning. Yup. We pay more for items that we actually need to be healthy. Tampon tax - hello!
Do I even need to mention about how the same shaving products for men costs considerably less in comparison to women?

I don't need to talk about how women earn on average 16% less than the ordinary John Doe.

Let's not talk about the sexual stigma around women wearing 'less clothes than they should be outside in the presence of men because they CLEARLY ask for trouble'. I'm not saying men are excluded from sexual harassment and rape, but women's figures definitely out-do men's.

Let's talk about how sports is very male-orientated and that women's efforts aren't recognised as strongly as male participants in the same sport e.g. Football/Soccer.

What about the third-world demographic who are still 'old-fashioned' and believe that women should be only alive for the sake of bearing children or 'being in the kitchen' and not out in the real world.

Let's talk about job positions and how most favoured positions are taken by men. Let's talk about how job roles such as teachers and nurses are associated with femininity. Let's talk about how many CEO's are men and not women. Let's talk about how women aren't paid for maternity leave.

Do you want more?

Your point on the rape statistics, surely you could put that down to the fact that it is a lot harder to rape a man than a woman?
A) men are (generally) biologically stronger than women and so can overpower them more often than a man/woman could overpower another man
B) the stigma around male emotions and vulnerability means fewer men report instances of abuse/rape
C) raping a man is (generally) a homosexual act and so male rape is already contained within a tiny minority of gay predators as opposed to female rape being most often performed by straight males who have a much larger majority in society
D) men have 1 less hole to penetrate

Do you want more?

You have to be a bit stupid to not realise that football doesn't have a strong following by women in comparison to men hence why it is given less coverage.
Original post by AB199
Your point on the rape statistics, surely you could put that down to the fact that it is a lot harder to rape a man than a woman?
A) men are (generally) biologically stronger than women and so can overpower them more often than a man/woman could overpower another man
B) the stigma around male emotions and vulnerability means fewer men report instances of abuse/rape
C) raping a man is (generally) a homosexual act and so male rape is already contained within a tiny minority of gay predators as opposed to female rape being most often performed by straight males who have a much larger majority in society
D) men have 1 less hole to penetrate

Is it really that much harder to rape a man? This is a pathetic excuse.

You have to be a bit stupid to not realise that football doesn't have a strong following by women in comparison to men hence why it is given less coverage.

Give me a female sport that's given more coverage than the male counterpart does.
"Feminism: the belief in the political, economical and social equality of the sexes." "The advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes." Look at the definitions, equality is in the definition.

I call myself a feminist not because I believe woman are better, but because I believe in the equality of the sexes, recognising that men aren't equal either. Men and their inequality is just as important as a woman's.

Fact: There is a glass ceiling.
Fact: There is a wage gap.
Fact: Some men wouldn't hire a woman because they'd have to pay her for maternity leave.

Woman are still views as the weaker and less able sex by a lot of men. Men are still viewed as not allowed to be emotionally available and vulnerable. But to say that women are exactly equal to men is just ignorant and wrong.

There is inequality on both sides of the argument, Feminism in my eyes, and in theory is equality. Stop moaning about what it's called because honestly who gives a crap. I believe in being paid the same as a man and I believe in a man being able to cry and be a stay at home dad without being degraded for it and therefore I am a feminist.
Reply 58
What I'm saying is that in the UK, where the majority of people on here are from, women are given equal opportunities to men. If women really do care about equality then they should stop talking about their own gender.

Agreed, gender roles are damaging for both genders so why not tackle the problems equally instead of making men feel marginalised?
Is it really that much harder to rape a man? This is a pathetic excuse.

Give me a female sport that's given more coverage than the male counterpart does.

Hockey, netball and tennis is fairly equal. Not many women are interested in watching sport in general.

Latest

Trending

Trending