The Student Room Group

Girls - Would you date/be in a relationship with a guy whos best friend is a girl?

Would you? As my best friend is a girl. I am not her bestfriend though if that makes a difference?

We also live about 100-150 miles apart (depending if shes at home or uni) if that makes a difference?

She's the bestfriend ive ever had.

Would you also like to know beforehand too?
Yes.
yeah, i would be fine with dating a guy whose friend is a girl, as long as it wasn't a 'friends with benefits' friendship, and honestly, unless they are the jealous type, i'd think most people would be. As for knowing, you wouldn't have to say right away, but just don't leave it until there's a big misunderstanding!

Maybe introduce your best friend and girlfriend so that they can get to know each other?
Reply 3
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Yes.

Good to hear :smile:

Original post by themarshmonster
yeah, i would be fine with dating a guy whose friend is a girl, as long as it wasn't a 'friends with benefits' friendship, and honestly, unless they are the jealous type, i'd think most people would be. As for knowing, you wouldn't have to say right away, but just don't leave it until there's a big misunderstanding!

Maybe introduce your best friend and girlfriend so that they can get to know each other?

Its defo not a FWB type thing.

Ah makes sense!

I dont have a girlfriend at the moment (my ex only recently broke up with me - nothing to do with my friend though!).
Just for future reference really. My ex and my friend knew eachother so it was okay (they fell out though over something totally unrelated to me!)
Yeah, I could. My ex boyfriend had a best mate who was a girl. He did openly tell me about 2 weeks into our relationship that for 2 years he wanted something more with her, but it wasn't reciprocated, so in the end he gave up. Did put me on edge a bit I will say - but we broke up over something completely different anyway. But honestly, wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 5
Original post by Manclass98
Yeah, I could. My ex boyfriend had a best mate who was a girl. He did openly tell me about 2 weeks into our relationship that for 2 years he wanted something more with her, but it wasn't reciprocated, so in the end he gave up. Did put me on edge a bit I will say - but we broke up over something completely different anyway. But honestly, wouldn't worry about it.

Ah okay! Ive never wanted anything more with her anyway.

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Would you? As my best friend is a girl. I am not her bestfriend though if that makes a difference?

We also live about 100-150 miles apart (depending if shes at home or uni) if that makes a difference?

She's the bestfriend ive ever had.

Would you also like to know beforehand too?

I would like to know before, definitely.
Reply 7
Original post by TSR Support
I would like to know before, definitely.

Okay - like on a first date? Or even earlier like put it in a Tinder profile for example if i ever get one?
Okay - like on a first date? Or even earlier like put it in a Tinder profile for example if i ever get one?

On a Tinder profile, I think. Because some people might dump you on your first date after they find out, so I would say to avoid that, say at the beginning.

I wouldn't mind though, it's some people who are like that.
Reply 9
On a Tinder profile, I think. Because some people might dump you on your first date after they find out, so I would say to avoid that, say at the beginning.

I wouldn't mind though, it's some people who are like that.

Okay!

Thank you!
Okay!

Thank you!

You're very welcome, dear! :smile:
You're very welcome, dear! :smile:

:smile:
Mate, you wouldn't want to be with anyone who said no.

Reason? Well aside from then not accepting you for who you are and the relationships you've already established / keep, any woman who wrote you off for having a female best friend would be terribly insecure.

I'd say the same if this were the other way around (female with male best friend).
You are right. I wouldnt want to be and you are right, they would be!
Reply 14
Yes, you should warn us beforehand but I would be okay with it. You need to have trust in a relationship so your girlfriend would need to trust that nothing more would ever happen between you and your best friend, and you should make sure it stays that way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending