The Student Room Group

WJEC a level business

anyone else do WJEC business at a level? and does anyone have any predictions of what's going to come up for this year's exams?

Scroll to see replies

How did it go?
Original post by michelle4698
How did it go?

the questions weren't too bad but i found them a bit ambiguous so i didn't know if i was writing the right thing:redface:
That's exactly how I felt with the lean production and leadership styles one!
That's exactly how I felt with the lean production and leadership styles one!

and the pricing strategies one i was like do you want be to talk about market orientated or cost based ones or like individual ones such as market skimming so i just did everything:laugh:
Original post by jakebonnington
and the pricing strategies one i was like do you want be to talk about market orientated or cost based ones or like individual ones such as market skimming so i just did everything:laugh:

Haha what did you put for the consumer protection one i literally just wrote the laws on it 😩
Haha what did you put for the consumer protection one i literally just wrote the laws on it 😩

I ********ted so much in that one😂 I wrote about how they need protection from things like cartels but it's their responsibility not to overconsume goods or something
I ********ted so much in that one😂 I wrote about how they need protection from things like cartels but it's their responsibility not to overconsume goods or something

The questions were just so confusing
@michelle4698 how did you find component 2?
Reply 9
i did component 2 and was so annoyed that there was no ratio analysis or investment appraisal! what did everyone put for the % change in income question for some reason that really confused me
Original post by livy500
i did component 2 and was so annoyed that there was no ratio analysis or investment appraisal! what did everyone put for the % change in income question for some reason that really confused me

oh **** i worked out income elasticity but my percentage change for income was still in my workings do you think i'll still get the marks?

i think i got 2.5% though ?
@michelle4698 how did you find component 2?

IT was quite difficult I didn't really know what to put for the mission statement one I just went on with myself hahaha, how did you find it?
IT was quite difficult I didn't really know what to put for the mission statement one I just went on with myself hahaha, how did you find it?

it was a nice paper apart from the starbucks question:sigh:
Reply 13
Is the Wjec paper the same as the eduqas one ? I know the two exam boards are like related kinda and we had the same Starbucks and porter questions aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile
it was a nice paper apart from the starbucks question:sigh:

What did you say for the last porters one 😩
Original post by beth000
Is the Wjec paper the same as the eduqas one ? I know the two exam boards are like related kinda and we had the same Starbucks and porter questions aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh they're the same
What did you say for the last porters one 😩

i put how there were high barriers to entry as it was an oligopoly but then i put that it was almost a monopoly because domino's have over 25% which the EU classify as a monopoly (i wasn't sure about this rip) so they were in a strong position as they can make high profits

i also put there was high competition and substitutes but because they have a strong brand identity this prevents there profits from falling too much so they are still in a strong position in the market

i also put that there is not much supplier power as there will likely be a lot of supplier so domino's can try and achieve economies of scale

basically i ********ted:lol:
Original post by beth000

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i think eduqas is the english board for wjec (i might be wrong about that though) but they're the same business paper :smile:

how did you find it?
i put how there were high barriers to entry as it was an oligopoly but then i put that it was almost a monopoly because domino's have over 25% which the EU classify as a monopoly (i wasn't sure about this rip) so they were in a strong position as they can make high profits

i also put there was high competition and substitutes but because they have a strong brand identity this prevents there profits from falling too much so they are still in a strong position in the market

i also put that there is not much supplier power as there will likely be a lot of supplier so domino's can try and achieve economies of scale

basically i ********ted:lol:

That sounds like such a good answer!!! Still can't believe there was no investment appraisal or ratio analysis
That sounds like such a good answer!!! Still can't believe there was no investment appraisal or ratio analysis

i know i was so pissed:mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending