The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Religious Studies Unit 3B & 4C RST3B/RST4C 19 & 27 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by S.xxo
Here, i haven't really written much for the issues arising but the a01 is everything for what i believe will come up

Thankyouuu so much!! Im soo done with exams now. What uni do you want to go to?
Reply 61
Original post by S.xxo
Im exactly in the same position. I started studying at around last october (was slow until feb) then concentrated on sociology for like two months completely neglecting my other two subjects and now here i am revising. Ive learnt anselm + descartes off by heart already but i still need to go through the issues arising and also problem of evil. I KNOW everyones exams have finished and we still have exams until next week, its so annoying! Im just hoping i get accepted into uni no matter what. I know i ****ed up RSS03 so i need to do well in this no matter what ahhhh.

Literally same as me, i retook RSS03 last month and ****ed up again. I was supposed to get a high B or A to bring my AS grade up to an A overall. So annoying bcs now i need to do really well in this tomorrow but im too unprepared :frown:
Reply 62
Original post by 160998
Thankyouuu so much!! Im soo done with exams now. What uni do you want to go to?

Your welcome lovely and well my situation is abit complicated but either queen mary or roehampton but right now its looking like westminster coz of how badly I feel like I've done but we will see. Just praying for the best and yeahhhh. What about you
Reply 63
Original post by S.xxo
Your welcome lovely and well my situation is abit complicated but either queen mary or roehampton but right now its looking like westminster coz of how badly I feel like I've done but we will see. Just praying for the best and yeahhhh. What about you

ahh good luck!! Nottingham but looking unlikely atm haha, im from london (:
Reply 64
Original post by 160998
ahh good luck!! Nottingham but looking unlikely atm haha, im from london (:

Is it me or does student room give you a false sense of relief to release the stress even tho ur not getting work done in the time your on it... Weird but this is how i feel. Im from London too but i wouldnt move out of London because i love my house too much and i CBA to have to look after myself lool
Reply 65
Reply 66
Original post by S.xxo
Here, i haven't really written much for the issues arising but the a01 is everything for what i believe will come up

It said error, could you please copy and paste it into the thread? :smile:
Reply 67
Has anyone got any predictions for OA and RL?!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MFRATE
Has anyone got any predictions for OA and RL?!

For RL I am predicting either VF/FP or analogy
Reply 69
Ontolgoical argument is gonna be ANSELM OR DESSSSKAAAAARTEEEEEESSSSSS
How did everyone find it? I did ontological and problem of evil. I it went OK, just the questions were a bit off putting. Usually, I'd associate strengths and weaknesses with AO2s.
Original post by pink-182
How did everyone find it? I did ontological and problem of evil. I it went OK, just the questions were a bit off putting. Usually, I'd associate strengths and weaknesses with AO2s.

What did you write for the OA strengths and weakness? I said in my intro is that the stregths and weakness it really depends on who is looking at an argument. Do you think that's ok?

For POE AO2 question, I said both of the theodicices fail to solve the problem of evil but process thought is more valid than HIck
Original post by MichaelChan16
What did you write for the OA strengths and weakness? I said in my intro is that the stregths and weakness it really depends on who is looking at an argument. Do you think that's ok?

For POE AO2 question, I said both of the theodicices fail to solve the problem of evil but process thought is more valid than HIck

Hi! I approached the ontological AO1 in a different way- I looked at how, as a deductive argument it should have valid premises and the conclusion should summarise the premises and bring nothing new to the argument in the intro. Then for strengths, I talked about how the argument is sound, ie the conclusion is a summary of the premises, and that Anselm and Descartes would argue that the definition is valid because it comes from God. For the weaknesses, I looked at criticisms based on the definition and how if the definition isn't true then it fails as a deductive proof.

I think that the way you approached the question is fine! As long as you backed it up with detailed points and used good scholarly material then I'm sure you'll be good.

As for the POE AO2, that's good as well. I essentially said the same thing in my conclusion and added that it ultimately should be judged on an individual level, ie which theory aids the individual with their suffering in the face of evil.

hope it goes OK for you!! xx
I was a little put off by the OA strengths and weaknesses too - kept finding myself evaluating them instead of just explaining (which I assume I can't get any marks for in an AO1 question?)
Also, what kind of things did you guys write about as your strengths/weaknesses?
Reply 74
Wow you guys are really good a predicting. I chose RL and POE. I was pretty much stumped on both of them. I couldn't find anymore differences between VP/FL other than the differences in the methods. I rambled in AO2. I attempted AO1 of POE and missed out AO2 because my pen ran out :L
Honestly im a mess.
Any predictions for Life, Death and Beyond?
Hi guys, i was just wondering for the problem of evil ao1 was the question about the weaknesses of both process thought and hick, cause i read it as weaknesses of hick and how process thought cant overcome the problem of evil. Bit nervous if i havent focused correctly
Original post by Zekken88
Hi guys, i was just wondering for the problem of evil ao1 was the question about the weaknesses of both process thought and hick, cause i read it as weaknesses of hick and how process thought cant overcome the problem of evil. Bit nervous if i havent focused correctly

I did the same as you, the "and" part was bolded.
I did one half of the essay on weaknesses of hick, having given a brief overview and then I did the other half on how process thought tried to explain both natural and moral evil
Original post by Neddie001
I did the same as you, the "and" part was bolded.
I did one half of the essay on weaknesses of hick, having given a brief overview and then I did the other half on how process thought tried to explain both natural and moral evil

were we supported to solely write the weaknesses of hick and process thought, cause i thought that at first but then saw the ao2 which is virtually the same question so i assumed it wanted us to explain process thought
Original post by Zekken88
were we supported to solely write the weaknesses of hick and process thought, cause i thought that at first but then saw the ao2 which is virtually the same question so i assumed it wanted us to explain process thought

Nope I don't think so. I read it as weaknesses of hick and the theodicy of process thought
Original post by Neddie001
Nope I don't think so. I read it as weaknesses of hick and the theodicy of process thought

I hope this is true cause my class mostly mentioned just weaknesses of both, hopefully it should be fine cause i have a feeling i read it right but im not too sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending