The Student Room Group

WJEC Information & Communication Technology IT3 (LEGACY) 1243/01 - 16 Jun 2017

Scroll to see replies

Hi, is there going to be an unofficial markscheme for the paper we did yesterday?
Original post by Louise_Lee
Hi, is there going to be an unofficial markscheme for the paper we did yesterday?

Eventually - I have my last exam on Monday so until then I am either revising or chilling (or boiling b/c its like 30 degrees in here):biggrin:

Expect one some point late next week - I should have the paper then too.
okay take your time as I have still got exams as well and its hard to revise as it is let alone make a mark scheme in between exams
Original post by hehexd
25 raw marks

errm that does;t sound right.. is that for a B?
Original post by Jane122
errm that does;t sound right.. is that for a B?

if you currently have 256 UMS between AS & the A level coursework then you would need 24UMS in IT3 to get a B (280UMS)

24 UMS last year was 25 raw marks and it will probably be the same or close to this
What would I need for a b if I have 210 raw marks marks?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by hehexd
if you currently have 256 UMS between AS & the A level coursework then you would need 24UMS in IT3 to get a B (280UMS)

24 UMS last year was 25 raw marks and it will probably be the same or close to this

I think I got about 44/90 marks in this exam :frown: will that be OK or is that really bad???? And difficult to achieve , thank you for your patience
Original post by tommylad
Yo you should have used HIRE and hireID instead of location. Why put 4 when it asks for 2? I put the one about unfamiliar disease.

****, I put Van and Van ID will this be wrong ? Also for question 1 about HCI I put signposting and layout instead of signposting and online help files :frown: will I lose marks??
Original post by Jane122
****, I put Van and Van ID will this be wrong ? Also for question 1 about HCI I put signposting and layout instead of signposting and online help files :frown: will I lose marks??

I'm writing a mark scheme for the exam now. Will be up later today

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://jacktilson.net/dl/IT3-predicted-MS-2017.pdf

Here is the predicted/unofficial marking scheme for the paper that was sat on Friday.

@AA923 @Jasmine_Bunn @luisgouveia98 @Mande1724
Anyone have the raw marks to UMS converter? Thank you
Original post by beanmaker
Anyone have the raw marks to UMS converter? Thank you

Select the year and GCE June then find INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY

https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PedanticStudent

Here is the predicted/unofficial marking scheme for the paper that was sat on Friday.

For Q1 HCI - could you have put a specific point on colour blindness where red/green is not preferable but blue/yellow is best combination?

For Q16 did you have to have the table names you've put on your mark scheme because I did Manufacturer[ManufacturerID...] etc.
Original post by mayhs98
For Q1 HCI - could you have put a specific point on colour blindness where red/green is not preferable but blue/yellow is best combination?

For Q16 did you have to have the table names you've put on your mark scheme because I did Manufacturer[ManufacturerID...] etc.

I think he sometimes condones a point about colour blindness... But that might be the disabled user hci question I'm not entirely sure.

Tables names will be worth marks yes. But I wouldn't be certain that they would accept a table about manufacturers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many ums marks needed for a b
Original post by beanmaker
How many ums marks needed for a b

Overall: 400*0.7 = 280

for the IT3 unit only: 120*0.7 = 84
Original post by Jane122
I think I got about 44/90 marks in this exam :frown: will that be OK or is that really bad???? And difficult to achieve , thank you for your patience

yes that should be enough if you currently have 256 UMS
Overall: 400*0.7 = 280

for the IT3 unit only: 120*0.7 = 84

Thank you

thanks for this! although i can't remember exactly what i wrote it's still interesting to see! i have no idea what i've got.. possibly not as well as i could have..

also for the internet question would 'lack of policing' count as different point to censorship as it said 'other than censorship' in the question??? not that it matters now anyway haha
Original post by Jasmine_Bunn
thanks for this! although i can't remember exactly what i wrote it's still interesting to see! i have no idea what i've got.. possibly not as well as i could have..

also for the internet question would 'lack of policing' count as different point to censorship as it said 'other than censorship' in the question??? not that it matters now anyway haha

Yeah it is classed as a entirely different point on the 2015 mark scheme so I wouldn't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending