The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
MCQs were good, rest of it was a bit meh especially the 15 marker.
Grade boundary predictions?
Reply 1122
Original post by steph_diep
47.5 or 46.5 for multiplier and +12 for PED question ?

Does anyone know what the answer to 27 was, the one about inflation and the price level?
I said real prices have increased in the time period but idk it could have been the disinflation one

I put deflation in the 2nd year but I think that's wrong
Multiple choice was disgusfing and I'm pretty sure I kept repeating myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm just thankful not much on financial markets came up!
Reply 1125
disgusting paper AHAHAHAHHA lets just hope for low grade boundaries
Original post by PFD
MCQs were good, rest of it was a bit meh especially the 15 marker.

What did you write for the 15m question?
Reply 1127
someone tell me if I'm wrong but in my second argument on the 25 marker I said that gov need to intervene by subsidising steel market because it's a positive production externality in the sense it creates millions jobs in the manufacturing industry increases exports making AD go up in both ways and makes the uk more competitive and used diagrams to show how it works I did 4 diagrams for that argument one showing Positive production externality, and the deadweight loss to society if steel industry is not producing to the optimal level, the increase in production of government subsidies it, I also showed employment and demand for manufacturing workers increasing and creating jobs and an AD diagram
Anyone remember any of their mcqs
What was the 25 mark essay questions? I think i wrote about something completely different 😖
Original post by patricianature
What was the 25 mark essay questions? I think i wrote about something completely different 😖

I dont remember exactly but i think it was something like 'referring to the sources, discuss whether or not the government should intervene in the uk steel industry'
Original post by will.h
I dont remember exactly but i think it was something like 'referring to the sources, discuss whether or not the government should intervene in the uk steel industry'

I wrote how they should intervene 💔 Do you think ill be havily penalised for it?
Original post by Gemmamcconville
Macro MCQ answers for AS book is:
b
b
b
c
d
c
b
b
b
c
Macro MCQ answer for A2 book is:
b
b
a
a
b
a
d
c
c
b
My teacher marked them

Thank you
What did people get for the multiple choice wage question with real wage unemployment and natural unemployment? And why?
Reply 1134
Original post by will.h
What did you write for the 15m question?

Erm, UK has a comparative advantage in services as it can prove them cheaply and efficiently, hence demand increases for it so firms need to employ workers to keep up with a demand, which has a multipler effect as people get income = economic growth

Then cos UK struggles to compete in the manufacturing industry as wage costs are cheaper elsewhere, less demand for UK goods so unemployment falls, but UK people employed/unemployed can buy other goods from other countries really cheap which leaves people with more income to spend on other goods, income elasticity is high for services so UK benefits again, multipler effect blah blah
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by patricianature
I wrote how they should intervene 💔 Do you think ill be havily penalised for it?

That was what you were supposed to do haha
Original post by Ssssssssaas
That was what you were supposed to do haha

oh no it was not brother lool
Reply 1137
Original post by PFD
Erm, UK has a comparative advantage in services as it can prove them cheaply and efficiently, hence demand increases for it so firms need to employ workers to keep up with a demand, which has a multipler effect as people get income = economic growth

Then cos UK struggles to compete in the manufacturing industry as wage costs are cheaper elsewhere, less demand for UK goods so unemployment falls, but UK people employed/unemployed can buy other goods from other countries really cheap which leaves people with more income to spend on other goods, income elasticity is high for services so UK benefits again, multipler effect blah blah

How many pages did you write for the 15 marker?
And what were your points for the 10 marker on data comparison?
Anybody note down what they answered for the multiple choice?
Original post by Dryads
someone tell me if I'm wrong but in my second argument on the 25 marker I said that gov need to intervene by subsidising steel market because it's a positive production externality in the sense it creates millions jobs in the manufacturing industry increases exports making AD go up in both ways and makes the uk more competitive and used diagrams to show how it works I did 4 diagrams for that argument one showing Positive production externality, and the deadweight loss to society if steel industry is not producing to the optimal level, the increase in production of government subsidies it, I also showed employment and demand for manufacturing workers increasing and creating jobs and an AD diagram

That's definitely right, I took the other approach and talked about how production of steel creates pollution and how that's a negative externality in production

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending