The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
anyone remember the answer to the MCQ about what about the firm should produce at? A B C D?
Original post by luciferhf
oh no it was not brother lool

Sorry? The question was whether or not they should intervene, so you talk about how they could intervene and whether or not it's good for the economy and the industry
Anyone say consumer surplus reduced for the last one?

What was the taxable rate
Original post by Ssssssssaas
Sorry? The question was whether or not they should intervene, so you talk about how they could intervene and whether or not it's good for the economy and the industry

question is why brother.. can make talk about how but primarily you want talk why! :biggrin:
For the 25 marker my three paragraphs were:

For intervention (through the use of goverment subsidies as an example )
Against intervention (lack of comparative advantage, fall in demand in China, externalities etc.)
Alternative point (e.g. switching priority from steel industry to British car industry as it may be more profitable, use ppf)

Does that sound alright for the question?Not sure whether I did well here
Reply 1145
Original post by SANTR
How many pages did you write for the 15 marker?
And what were your points for the 10 marker on data comparison?

Like side and a half

I wrote that only figure 4 really demonstrated the UK manufacturing declining, figure 1 and 2 demonstrated the pattern of employment but it was quite stable apart from the financial crisis that affected every industry, figure 3 showed UK deficit increasing but no mention of how this was due to manufacturing

I'm probably miles out but that's what I put
Original post by Dryads
someone tell me if I'm wrong but in my second argument on the 25 marker I said that gov need to intervene by subsidising steel market because it's a positive production externality in the sense it creates millions jobs in the manufacturing industry increases exports making AD go up in both ways and makes the uk more competitive and used diagrams to show how it works I did 4 diagrams for that argument one showing Positive production externality, and the deadweight loss to society if steel industry is not producing to the optimal level, the increase in production of government subsidies it, I also showed employment and demand for manufacturing workers increasing and creating jobs and an AD diagram

Didn't really know what to write but do you think I can hit 15 marks if I talked about making the UK steel industry more competitive through deregulation and argued for them not intervening too
Original post by luciferhf
question is why brother.. can make talk about how but primarily you want talk why! :biggrin:

Sorry mate it didn't say why but you're not wrong because you will have just argued for it which is fine because it was a discuss question
Absolute trainwreck, farewell A*:frown:
Reply 1149
Original post by Temuchin
For the 25 marker my three paragraphs were:

For intervention (through the use of goverment subsidies as an example )
Against intervention (lack of comparative advantage, fall in demand in China, externalities etc.)
Alternative point (e.g. switching priority from steel industry to British car industry as it may be more profitable, use ppf)

Does that sound alright for the question?Not sure whether I did well here

Same here, I put about maybe trying to encourage FDI from steel firms into the UK, which would increase jobs and UK gov. revenue to spend on helping improve the steel industry, instead of taxing people higher which could make things worse
Sorry mate it didn't say why but you're not wrong because you will have just argued for it which is fine because it was a discuss question

The question was do you recommend the government should intervene to support the steel industry in the uk
Original post by DJMason99
What did people get for the multiple choice wage question with real wage unemployment and natural unemployment? And why?

I said real wage difference
Original post by Sam10711
The question was do you recommend the government should intervene to support the steel industry in the uk

Yeah so you talk about how they could intervene and whether it's good or bad
Anyone remember any multiple choices

Talk about how and why they should intervene. Both points

For a final judgement i said they should intevene to reallocate steel industries rather than tryingn to save then from dying
Original post by Sap434
For a final judgement i said they should intevene to reallocate steel industries rather than tryingn to save then from dying

Same
Original post by Sap434

Yeah thats a good point
I said they shouldn't intervene because it is a waste of resources saving a manufacturing industry in the UK whilst we are moving to the service sector
Original post by Sap434
I said real wage difference

Why?
Reply 1159
Original post by PFD
Like side and a half

I wrote that only figure 4 really demonstrated the UK manufacturing declining, figure 1 and 2 demonstrated the pattern of employment but it was quite stable apart from the financial crisis that affected every industry, figure 3 showed UK deficit increasing but no mention of how this was due to manufacturing

I'm probably miles out but that's what I put

For the 15 marker, I made several points but I feel one of my points is invalid. I talked about mechanisation and automation as a reason for a fall in employment in manufacturing sector :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending