The Student Room Group

Student loan

Hi!
I'm a EU student holding a university offer to study in the UK. I was wondering if I would be able to receive a student loan despite the fact that I sent the documents the day before the deadline. I had also made an account at the government's website but then found out that only UK students apply for a loan through the site so I cancelled the application. As i have already sent the paper documents through mail, they would be concidered, wouldn't they?

In short, I'm concerned whether I would receive the loan or not, as this would decide if I would be able to study in the UK.

Thanks.
Original post by FireLizard
Hi!
I'm a EU student holding a university offer to study in the UK. I was wondering if I would be able to receive a student loan despite the fact that I sent the documents the day before the deadline. I had also made an account at the government's website but then found out that only UK students apply for a loan through the site so I cancelled the application. As i have already sent the paper documents through mail, they would be concidered, wouldn't they?

In short, I'm concerned whether I would receive the loan or not, as this would decide if I would be able to study in the UK.

Thanks.

Deadline is 9 months after the Academic Year. If your thinking May 26th, that wasn't a deadline and it didn't apply to EU students anyway.

You can get the funding as long as your an EU national, lived in the EEA for the past 3 years and you must be in the UK on the first day of the start of your course so don't worry
Hi!

Thanks.

You can only get a loan for tuition fees. You have to have lived in the UK for the last 5 years to get a maintenance loan.
Original post by Tiger Rag
You can only get a loan for tuition fees. You have to have lived in the UK for the last 5 years to get a maintenance loan.

Yep I know. I have applied for loan for the tuition fees. I'm only worried if I'm going to receive it after I've apllied a day before the deadline and when would i receive the decision.
Yep I know. I have applied for loan for the tuition fees. I'm only worried if I'm going to receive it after I've apllied a day before the deadline and when would i receive the decision.

Like I already said. The deadline is 9 months after the academic year so if you start August/September/October/Nov/dec 2017 the deadline is the 1st june 2018

I don't know what deadline your talking about now

Hi FireLizard,

We will accept and process your paper application for EU finance, even if it arrives after our deadlines. As previously stated, you can apply any time up to nine months after the start of your Academic Year, and still be considered.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending