The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level CHEM4 & CHEM5 resit thread

Noticed there wasn't a thread on this already.

What were everybody's thoughts on the CHEM4 paper? I thought it was pretty good but I can't find an unofficial markscheme anywhere
I found the drawing of molecules questions hard, especially drawing V, the one that had the formula of C6H12, didn't react with aqueous bromine and was optically active? Still can't think what that is??
Original post by Charlotte__
I found the drawing of molecules questions hard, especially drawing V, the one that had the formula of C6H12, didn't react with aqueous bromine and was optically active? Still can't think what that is??

Yeah It was really hard, I didn't get that. What did you get for the buffer question and the concentration of E? Also did they ask us to name any of the mechanisms except the nucleophilic substitution, addition elimination? An what was the damn answer to the question about neutralisation ? My god that paper.
(edited 6 years ago)
Glad I'm not the only one! Tbf I feel like I either read the question wrong or it was a misprint, because you can't have C6H12 without it being cyclic therefore optically inactive or being unsaturated! Sorry I can hardly remember the calculations of the paper, for the buffer I think maybe 4.95 or something like that? The 6 marker just before that about H2SO4 was like 12. Something I think! Yeah there wasn't many naming, just a lot of drawing!
Original post by Charlotte__
Glad I'm not the only one! Tbf I feel like I either read the question wrong or it was a misprint, because you can't have C6H12 without it being cyclic therefore optically inactive or being unsaturated! Sorry I can hardly remember the calculations of the paper, for the buffer I think maybe 4.95 or something like that? The 6 marker just before that about H2SO4 was like 12. Something I think! Yeah there wasn't many naming, just a lot of drawing!

Damn for the buffer I got 5.13. The 6 marker before the buffer I got was 12.95. Other than that neither do I remember. LOL its alright i hope they mark it really nicely
Original post by Crapateducation
Damn for the buffer I got 5.13. The 6 marker before the buffer I got was 12.95. Other than that neither do I remember. LOL its alright i hope they mark it really nicely

I definitely got different for the buffer, but you might have been right and me wrong! But yeah I think I got the same for the 6 marker, yeah I'm hoping for low grade boundaries hahah
You are probably right, because, I did H2S04 moles times by two, rather than the KOH so I've definitely failed the buffer. I also got 12.02 or something for the question before the buffer. If only there were enough people who resat to make an unofficial mark scheme.
Anyone sitting chem5 on monday?? x
i think i did awfully bad on chem4 after reading various tsr threads on it so just pinning all my hopes on chem5 (which is already my weaker chem exam :frown: )
Just trying hard to cram all the equations into my head
Original post by Crapateducation
You are probably right, because, I did H2S04 moles times by two, rather than the KOH so I've definitely failed the buffer. I also got 12.02 or something for the question before the buffer. If only there were enough people who resat to make an unofficial mark scheme.

No that's right to times H2SO4 by two, because that's diprotic, so for everyone one molecule of it, it releases 2 protons! KOH should have just been one! Yeah I know, I can hardly remember the paper anymore how haha
Original post by Anonymous33654
i think i did awfully bad on chem4 after reading various tsr threads on it so just pinning all my hopes on chem5 (which is already my weaker chem exam :frown: )
Just trying hard to cram all the equations into my head

There are other threads on Chem 4, where?

Also chem 5 is the easier paper. Just do all past paper question and really use the specification.
I dont remember anymore either lol. Its gone now :h:
Original post by Anonymous33654
Anyone sitting chem5 on monday?? x

i missed the exam today cause i thought it was in the afternoon! i lost my money and the chance to resit :frown:
Original post by Wally West
i missed the exam today cause i thought it was in the afternoon! i lost my money and the chance to resit :frown:

Damn, that's actually heart breaking.
How did Chem 5 go today guys?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending