The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Religious Studies Unit 3B & 4C RST3B/RST4C 19 & 27 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zekken88
I hope this is true cause my class mostly mentioned just weaknesses of both, hopefully it should be fine cause i have a feeling i read it right but im not too sure

Oh god... I think I just listed the weaknesses of both. Do you have a copy of the question?
Original post by MichaelChan16
Oh god... I think I just listed the weaknesses of both. Do you have a copy of the question?

I thought the question said explain the weaknesses of hicks soul making theory and the response of process throught to the problem of evil so i structured my answer around it. After talking with friends they just went through weaknesses of both so im not sure :frown: sry
Reply 82
It went so averagely, i did OA and problem of evil and thought the questions were kind of bad. Basically all A02 and i dont think i distinguished A01 and 2 or focused on the q :frown: and i forgot about faith and reason for the ontological argument so hardly wrote enough
Original post by 160998
It went so averagely, i did OA and problem of evil and thought the questions were kind of bad. Basically all A02 and i dont think i distinguished A01 and 2 or focused on the q :frown: and i forgot about faith and reason for the ontological argument so hardly wrote enough

it should be fine the questions were worded dodgy so im sure a lot of other people made similiar mistakes
Reply 84
I thought the question said explain the weaknesses of hicks soul making theory and the response of process throught to the problem of evil so i structured my answer around it. After talking with friends they just went through weaknesses of both so im not sure :frown: sry

I also read the question as explain the weaknesses of hick's vale of soul making and then explain process thought so I answered it as a two part question which is what many people I spoke to did. :smile:
Original post by jemv
I also read the question as explain the weaknesses of hick's vale of soul making and then explain process thought so I answered it as a two part question which is what many people I spoke to did. :smile:

Thank god, i can sleep easy now lol, cheers for the reply :smile:
Original post by jemv

Thank god, i can sleep easy now lol, cheers for the reply :smile:
Reply 87
was the actual question weaknesses of both?

Original post by jemv
Original post by 160998

That's hard to answer, some including myself answered it as hick's weaknesses and THEN process thought in responce to problem of evil
Whereas others just did the weaknesses of both .
I think the first answer is the right one just because the and was bolded and when questions are set out like that, it is done to suggest there are two parts
Reply 89
Original post by 160998

No, I am pretty sure the question was explain the weaknesses of Hick's vale of soul making theodicy and explain process thought. So explain how it defends God's existence in the light of evil. :smile: hope that helped, how did you answer or interpret the question?
Reply 90
I'm fairly certain that the Hick question was to explain the weaknesses to both responses. The question was "Explain the weaknesses of Hick's vale of soul making AND Process thought as solutions to the problem of evil." Many on here seem to have been confused by the "AND" part, followed by "as solutions to the problem of evil". But all you had to do was talk about the weaknesses.
Original post by Jack_Childs27
I'm fairly certain that the Hick question was to explain the weaknesses to both responses. The question was "Explain the weaknesses of Hick's vale of soul making AND Process thought as solutions to the problem of evil." Many on here seem to have been confused by the "AND" part, followed by "as solutions to the problem of evil". But all you had to do was talk about the weaknesses.

Ahhh this is so confusing
What did your teacher say?
Reply 92

This is what me and all my class read it as

Was is not and the response of process thought to the problem of evil, cause if it was just the weaknesses then the ao2 and ao1 were practically the same and that would be careless on the part of the exam board
Reply 94
Original post by TSRdebater1453
Who resat RSS03?

I did and it went really bad, wbu?
Reply 95
Was is not and the response of process thought to the problem of evil, cause if it was just the weaknesses then the ao2 and ao1 were practically the same and that would be careless on the part of the exam board

Im pretty sure it was weaknesses of both, which was veryyy careless with the ontological A01 being weaknesses/strengths too. Soo annoying
I did OA and religious language. The questions weren't a straight forward as previous years but I think I answered them well so hopefully it will be okay!
Reply 97
Original post by MichaelChan16
Ahhh this is so confusing
What did your teacher say?

I know mate, my teacher said that they meant both weaknesses, however due to the vagueness of the question they'll accept anything (within reason obviously). This happened last year so it's something they're ok with doing.
Reply 98
I know mate, my teacher said that they meant both weaknesses, however due to the vagueness of the question they'll accept anything (within reason obviously). This happened last year so it's something they're ok with doing.

Thank you for that clarification! So hopefully arguing weakness for Hick and then explaining process thought should be okay. Also I saw that if you only answer one part of the question the maximum marks you can get is 23 which is not too much of a deduction from the original 30 :smile:.
Reply 99
Original post by jemv
Thank you for that clarification! So hopefully arguing weakness for Hick and then explaining process thought should be okay. Also I saw that if you only answer one part of the question the maximum marks you can get is 23 which is not too much of a deduction from the original 30 :smile:.

Yeah I saw that! So 23 out of 30 is around 76%, it's only 80% ish normally for an A* so we should be fine. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending