The Student Room Group

Why do guys pressure girls into sex

My friend thinks she's in love with a guy who pressured her into sex. Two days ago he raped her and from what she told me he only views her as a booty call but she doesn't understand that as she's in love with him. He's embarrassed to speak to his mates about her or anyone for that matter. I don't know how to help her...it just made me dislike boys because even I've been in situation where guys have pressured me into sex. I feel sorry for my friend as she told the guy she didn't want to do it but he carried on anyway. So why do guys pressure girls and mess with their heads? Also what do I do to help my friend? Me and my friend and the guy were all 18 btw.
Reply 1
Go to the Police, rape is a crime.
Original post by Anonymous
My friend thinks she's in love with a guy who pressured her into sex. Two days ago he raped her and from what she told me he only views her as a booty call but she doesn't understand that as she's in love with him. He's embarrassed to speak to his mates about her or anyone for that matter. I don't know how to help her...it just made me dislike boys because even I've been in situation where guys have pressured me into sex. I feel sorry for my friend as she told the guy she didn't want to do it but he carried on anyway. So why do guys pressure girls and mess with their heads? Also what do I do to help my friend? Me and my friend and the guy were all 18 btw.

1.Not all guys are the same
2.Girls want the badboy...and then **** like this happens
3.You can't really unrape someone...so best thing to do is tell the police is she truly got raped
4. and Just be there for her
Testosterone and ignorance mostly :s-smilie:

I agree though, please contact the police if the sex was not consensual, that's inexcusable. Just emotionally support your friend and perhaps try and get her to see that she's not in a healthy relationship :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4

"....but she doesn't understand that as she's in love with him."

Sorry but this isn't love, it's lust, from both parties involved. If it isn't lust, she would have reported him instantly and filed rape charges against him. My sister is in exactly the same situation (Abusive boyfriend, using her for sex) and she only just reported him for rape after about a years worth of abuse from him; she told me she still loved him and thought he was a good person.

Do the best thing, now, and report it to the police before it gets worse.
Just gonna answer, Don't generalise. Don't think that just because this one guy did this, it means all guys will do this or think like this. Also, women can pressure guys into sex as well. It is not gender specific. Just gonna say sorry for your friend being treated this way and That guy was one of those total Ars****** in today's society.

Did you actually give them sex yourself if so you are kind of a hypocrite. I dunno what to suggest it's not something I would ever consider but a lot of guys are not very nice. The reason they obv do it is to get laid and because they have no morals.
We don't.

Some guys do. The vast majority are sensible, mature, respectful human beings.

Also, women do this too.

Sorry about your friend. She needs to wise up and leave him, but only she can make that decision and learn from the experience.
Because they are ***holes.
Reply 9
Original post by monkeyman0121
Just gonna answer, Don't generalise. Don't think that just because this one guy did this, it means all guys will do this or think like this. Also, women can pressure guys into sex as well. It is not gender specific. Just gonna say sorry for your friend being treated this way and That guy was one of those total Ars****** in today's society.

Amen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending