The Student Room Group

Cold War 20 marker

Assess the importance of events in Germany in the development of the Cold War in the years 1945 to 1961 (20)

would you approach this question by looking at each of the events between the given period? or would you have Germany as one paragraph and then other Cold War events in two other paragraphs, to discuss development of the War? thanks in advance.

more generally, how do you structure 20 markers?
Original post by economicsislife

Assess the importance of events in Germany in the development of the Cold War in the years 1945 to 1961 (20)

would you approach this question by looking at each of the events between the given period? or would you have Germany as one paragraph and then other Cold War events in two other paragraphs, to discuss development of the War? thanks in advance.

more generally, how do you structure 20 markers?

Well..you should really interconnect the country and the region (Europe) in the context of the Cold War. You should know that Germany played a very important role in the post-war as the origin of the conflict (Occupation and division of the country in 1945, the Berlin blockade in 1948 and finally the construction of the Berlin Wall, in 1961)
All these events which occurred in Germany, were the beginnings of the Cold War. You should write about how post-war Germany was prone to be occupied/influenced by external factions with conflicting interests/views, how that occupation further increased tensions culminating in the Berlin Blockade, effectively deteriorating Soviet/Western diplomacy and how the construction of the Berlin Wall not only the divided the FGR and GDR but also two distinct blocks (NATO and Warsaw Pact)
I hope I could help
Original post by Miguel22Aresta
Well..you should really interconnect the country and the region (Europe) in the context of the Cold War. You should know that Germany played a very important role in the post-war as the origin of the conflict (Occupation and division of the country in 1945, the Berlin blockade in 1948 and finally the construction of the Berlin Wall, in 1961)
All these events which occurred in Germany, were the beginnings of the Cold War. You should write about how post-war Germany was prone to be occupied/influenced by external factions with conflicting interests/views, how that occupation further increased tensions culminating in the Berlin Blockade, effectively deteriorating Soviet/Western diplomacy and how the construction of the Berlin Wall not only the divided the FGR and GDR but also two distinct blocks (NATO and Warsaw Pact)
I hope I could help

Thanks so much! Just to check, would you look only at this? I was thinking of doing a paragraph of analysis on all of the above and then two more, on other factors that caused development of Cold War?
Original post by economicsislife
Thanks so much! Just to check, would you look only at this? I was thinking of doing a paragraph of analysis on all of the above and then two more, on other factors that caused development of Cold War?

Certainly, there were other factors and if you know more you should add them! :biggrin:Those were the ones that occurred to me that revolved around Germany..it's been a while (like really) since secondary school...
did you do the CW exam today? what did you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending