The Student Room Group

Why aren't any girls texting me back?

Long story slightly shorter, it's summer and I messaged some girls to keep in touch with because lectures ended obvs

The first one I messaged a simple "hey" and she replied "Hi how are you?:smile: :smile: :smile:" and I replied "I'm good hbu" and nothing. This was like a week ago, and is marked as read but no reply.

Second girl we texted back and forth for a while come summer, talked about what we were doing and I mentioned that we should hang out since she told me she was in town this whole summer and she expressed interest, telling me she wanted to. But I texted her with a few days I was free and asked if she was also free any of those times. No reply either, the message hasn't been marked as read and I've seen her online many times since.

Third I started a convo with, but my last message was a bit open ended, im thinking maybe I should ask her a question instead because she has read it but hasn't responded.

Now all of these people I would have considered friends, we got along the time we talked at uni and lectures idk, am I doing something wrong. I don't feel like I was too forward, and im not trying to hook up or anything, I just wanted to chat/hang as friend. I just want to know why do they not reply? Is it something I did or are they busy... idk, am I just that uninteresting ...
any advice please im bad at life :c
Maybe these girls are busy, as it is summer, they're probably out doing stuff with their friends back home. Be patient or if you really want a response, send them another message. They could've made an honest mistake and saw your message but then forgot to respond.
I learned an important lesson at uni - people are self-involved and fickle. They are probably busy and many people just aren't good at texting and keeping in touch. I have a good friend who is awful at messaging me and we've talked about it in the past. I find it very disrespectful, but she doesn't think it's a big deal because she doesn't text much in general.

Anyway, I think you should just relax and let things happen more. It more than likely has nothing to do with you and the right people will come along eventually.
You just don't interest them.
block them
you're not good looking enough (srs no sugercoating), if you are they always reply.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I just wanted to chat/hang as friend. I just want to know why do they not reply? Is it something I did or are they busy... idk, am I just that uninteresting ...
any advice please im bad at life :c
They should know better than to ignore people they're going to see again. Confront them about it when you see them.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tapir
They should know better than to ignore people they're going to see again. Confront them about it when you see them.

:s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by Script Kiddie
:s-smilie:

I don't get what you mean.
Original post by tapir
I don't get what you mean.

Why would you confront someone for ignoring you?
Reply 10
Original post by Script Kiddie
Why would you confront someone for ignoring you?
Because it's rude. OP should have self respect. You wouldn't like it if it was done to you. You know it's true.
Original post by tapir
Because it's rude. OP should have self respect. You wouldn't like it if it was done to you. You know it's true.

I wouldn't like it but I wouldn't confront them, I'd just forget about them and carry on. You're not obligated to reply to everyone.
Reply 12
they're not interested. Move on to girls who are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending