The Student Room Group

Vehicle collides with pedestrians in London Finsbury Park

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chakede
most of the east is not islamic so your theory falls over.

If the West were to declare total war on the Middle East, China and Russia would mobilise against us no doubt
Original post by Ash8991
If the West were to declare total war on the Middle East, China and Russia would mobilise against us no doubt

possibly but its never going to happen. the mid east arnt the root cause of attacks- its radicalised british born muslims and white men with right wing views that are the problem
Original post by paul514
That's not true at all only complete mongs group Sikhs with Muslims I'd swap 3 million Muslims for 6 millions Sikhs

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd swap you for a crate of bananas

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Where are the usual islamaphobes now?
And yet we have keyboard warriors on Twitter and YouTube celebrating this terrorist attack as "Revenge" or "Counter-terrorist attack", absolutely disgusted no wonder you get arrested for posting mean stuff like that. Keyboard warriors should be exterminated.
Original post by NickLCFC
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Islamophobia is a much bigger problem in the UK than so-called "Islamic terrorism".

Islamic terrorism has clearly killed far more people.

Plus it is Islamic terrorism that brews Islamophobia. It wasn't even a word before 9/11.

Edit: Before you say it was word, that was just a figure of speech. It was not in common usage.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by silent ninja
I'd swap you for a crate of bananas

:rofl:
Original post by Ash8991
I'm sort of thinking this is part of a global conspiracy which was started by 9/11. Not saying that it's the Illuminati but I think there's a secret governmental society which is trying to create instability which will lead to a potential third world war between the East and the West.

Tbh,I've heard a few stories like that from several people about all the recent terrorist attacks. :curious:
Original post by Bxbxbbnf

They've calmed down for a day,they'll get back to making usual posts and threads soon enough
Original post by paul514
That's not true at all only complete mongs group Sikhs with Muslims I'd swap 3 million Muslims for 6 millions Sikhs

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd swap you for 3 million Syrian refugees.

The guy who did what he did probably had the same mentality as you,sickening :puke:
So is this a tit for tat tally now? How many dead in terrorist attacks in UK were Muslim? How many worldwide killed by ISIS were Muslim?

The answer to the last question is disproportionately more than non-muslims. Many Muslims died in 7/7, 9/11 too.
You implying, and it is a clear implication, it's okay because only a handful have been killed by the far right Vs "terrorism" is pretty deplorable. I didn't know there was a tally of Muslim column vs everyone else. You're going down a slippery dark path in my opinion. You're either trying to justify or excuse murder in your head, or rationalising who's life is worth more in a revenge scenario

Like I've said before,downplaying the situation and deaths of Muslims at the hands of extreme right wing terrorists. Muslims have no worth in his eyes,You sense it in many of the posts he makes.
Original post by queen-bee
Tbh,I've heard a few stories like that from several people about all the recent terrorist attacks. :curious:

Who does instability benefit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 512
Original post by Trapz99
Well the statistics are clearly wrong.
I am happy to accept this if you provide evidence to support your assertion.

Do you seriously believe only TEN people have been injured in Islamophobic attacks? Clearly there's some issue with the classification of these attacks.
I find it hard to believe that objects can be in two places at once, but that is what the evidence shows, so I accept it.
The "argument from personal incredulity" is never a good argument.

As I said, present some contradictory stats and we'll reassess this.
Reply 513
Original post by babsxox
ok so anyway after going through this entire thread (yikes) i didn't actually see the dude say anything on this topic about......whatever you're talking about lol (if i missed it just link me i cba to look through it again)
Love this! You don't know what you are looking for but you are sure that it's not there.

but anyway if you're so fixated on that argument then just like.... message him privately (unless he has you blocked like any normal person) and not drag it into a completely different topic.
Again, telling me what I can and can't post. That's not your job, it's the moderators'. And so far, they don't see a problem (in fact, one of them called my posts "nuanced and elegant"! :wink: )

also "butting into someone else's argument" lmfaoooo that argument doesn't even exist on this thread. if you're just gonna bring up stuff that doesn't matter, i'll call you out on it lol
You missed out the important bit of my post... "and telling me what I should and shouldn't be talking about".

I welcome people butting in if they are going to contribute to the debate.

And with all due respect, you are the one who is doing the fixating. And it's not over an issue of any importance - it's over how I personally post or don't post. I know I have my fans on here but your obsession is perhaps a little unhealthy?
Ash8991

I'm sort of thinking this is part of a global conspiracy which was started by 9/11. Not saying that it's the Illuminati but I think there's a secret governmental society which is trying to create instability

Original post by queen-bee
well, if several people are talking about a global conspiracy causing these latest events, then really there must be some truth to this theory : several people cannot possibly be wrong

best
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by QE2
I am happy to accept this if you provide evidence to support your assertion.

I find it hard to believe that objects can be in two places at once, but that is what the evidence shows, so I accept it.
The "argument from personal incredulity" is never a good argument.

As I said, present some contradictory stats and we'll reassess this.

Well there were already 11 injured/dead in yesterday's attack alone so clearly it's not 10 injuries in 10 years.
Reply 516
So is this a tit for tat tally now? How many dead in terrorist attacks in UK were Muslim? How many worldwide killed by ISIS were Muslim?

The answer to the last question is disproportionately more than non-muslims. Many Muslims died in 7/7, 9/11 too.
You implying, and it is a clear implication, it's okay because only a handful have been killed by the far right Vs "terrorism" is pretty deplorable. I didn't know there was a tally of Muslim column vs everyone else. You're going down a slippery dark path in my opinion. You're either trying to justify or excuse murder in your head, or rationalising who's life is worth more in a revenge scenario

Or there's the third option - you don't understand the argument.
We were talking about the likelihood of being involved in a particular attack. No mention was made of the religion of the victims, only the intended target of the attackers.

I always try to write my posts in language that can be easily understood but I am still regularly surprised by the number of people who seem to struggle with basic comprehension, or who would rather attack a deliberate straw man than accept another's argument.
Reply 517
Original post by Ash8991
I starting to think that some greater power is behind all this and is wanting to start a civil war between Muslims and UK natives....
It's not a mystery. It is precisely what ISIS and their supporters want.
Islamist attacks are meant to provoke retaliatory action (both public and legislative) which will, in turn, aid recruitment and provoke yet more attacks. And so the cycle continues.

The best response is to refuse to retaliate. The only action we should take is ideological and intellectual. Education is the way to eradicate extremism, not military action or lynch mobs.
Original post by Bxbxbbnf
we should of course condemn the terror attacks and express our sympathy to the Muslim community

this does not mean that we should from now on stop criticising Islam as it deserves

best
Reply 519
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
I agree with you. But then can we point out the deaths caused in muslim countries by the bombardment of US and the coalition forces. Hundred kf thousands people died before this all began and before you criticise me, my entire family have been high ranking army officers so I know a lot about what the facts are.

Nevertheless, we cant just say that it is ONLY Islams fault. You have to look at the past and where this all started from.

However, in recent times I do agree that terrorist attacks have affected more people. But not just in the UK. In other parts of the world as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree that Western military involvement in the ME is used as justification, and as a recruiting tool by Islamists. And while the numbers of civilian deaths attributed to coalition forces are hugely inflated (the hundreds of thousands figure is total deaths, which includes armed forces killed in military action and those killed by their fellow countrymen), one is one too many.

Quick Reply