The Student Room Group

Gcse ocr gateway chemistry b: C4,c5,c6 2017

How did everyone find the exam? Do you think the grade boundaries will be lowered?
Reply 1
Original post by erkhghrkhrfwe
How did everyone find the exam? Do you think the grade boundaries will be lowered?

The exam was veey easy. I lijed everything about it. So i guess tht the grade boundaries r gonna b higher.. 😅
Original post by Siddy223
The exam was veey easy. I lijed everything about it. So i guess tht the grade boundaries r gonna b higher.. 😅

Did your year find it to be easy as well? I don't think I have done well so I am quite scared,
I thought it was terrible. Much harder than the 2016 paper imo
Reply 4
Original post by erkhghrkhrfwe
Did your year find it to be easy as well? I don't think I have done well so I am quite scared,

Yup i havent heard of anyone tht think tht they failed. Overall everyone is predicting at least a B
Dont worry though im sure tht many ppl from other schools found it hard.
although theres going to b ppl from private skools tht are gonna get the best marks...😕
So we cannot predict how exactly r the grade boundaries going to b...Have you had a look at the unofficial marking scheme?
Yup i havent heard of anyone tht think tht they failed. Overall everyone is predicting at least a B
although theres going to b ppl from private skools tht are gonna get the best marks...😕
So we cannot predict how exactly r the grade boundaries going to b...Have you had a look at the unofficial marking scheme?

Do u have a link to the unofficial markscheme? I've been looking for it
Reply 6
Original post by Tharu.Wije
Do u have a link to the unofficial markscheme? I've been looking for it

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4717666

Tysm!! I was really worried about that exam, went in expecting an A*, came out feeling like I definitely got a C, but after looking at the markscheme I don't think I did terribly... I got some of the mole/volume questions wrong and probably lost a few marks in section D because I had five minutes to do all of it (time management isn't my forté) but everyone I talked to thought the exam was meh...still think grade boundaries will be lower than last year tho, hopefully it's an A/A* overall. Thanks again for the link.

Yeah, I think I will also get roughly a B but I was hoping for at least an A. Thank you tthough
Reply 9
Tysm!! I was really worried about that exam, went in expecting an A*, came out feeling like I definitely got a C, but after looking at the markscheme I don't think I did terribly... I got some of the mole/volume questions wrong and probably lost a few marks in section D because I had five minutes to do all of it (time management isn't my forté) but everyone I talked to thought the exam was meh...still think grade boundaries will be lower than last year tho, hopefully it's an A/A* overall. Thanks again for the link.

Well done! Np😊
I thought it was terrible. Much harder than the 2016 paper imo

I agree, I found it much harder than previous papers. How did your school find it?

Quick Reply