The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL physics unit 5 WPH05 21 june 2017

Hi everyone. Does anyone have notes for SHM i am finding that chapter somewhat tricky

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The CGP is your best source right now
Reply 2
4 weeks late buddy, also how was the exam? I thought it was pretty easy overall.
Original post by GMZ420
4 weeks late buddy, also how was the exam? I thought it was pretty easy overall.

The paper was way better than physics unit 4. Question 13 was only hard
The paper was extremely easy and so many calculations loved it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by suwakeesh
The paper was way better than physics unit 4. Question 13 was only hard

What was question no 13 completely forgot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sumaiyya1999
What was question no 13 completely forgot

Posted from TSR Mobile

The question where we have to use the newtons law of gravity

it was easy man]
what did you gets get for binding energy per nucleon?
i got 2x10^-10 j

F=GMm/r^2 and F=mrw^2 equtae them both cancel out m make w^2 subject of formula and say that GM is constant since mass of the galaxy is constant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ToxicPhantom007
it was easy man]
i got 2x10^-10 j

I got something ×10^-10 dont remember the exact value

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would i loose any mark if i didn't tell that Gm is constant but wrote that ω is proportional to 1/r³?Wrote everything instead of that...
Original post by Takis6666
Would i loose any mark if i didn't tell that Gm is constant but wrote that ω is proportional to 1/r³?Wrote everything instead of that...

it was of 2 marks so maybe you could lose a mark
i also forgot to write but wrote it in the last minute xD xD
it was of 2 marks so maybe you could lose a mark
i also forgot to write but wrote it in the last minute xD xD

Damn i hate it when i lose points from such mistakes... Don't you remember how many marks it got?
What about the boundary for A* guys? Lower than January's exam right? There were a lot of maths in it but it also had some tricky text answers. (sterilization and earth flux less than measured)
it was easy man]
i got 2x10^-10 j

Yeah I got that only
Original post by Sumaiyya1999
F=GMm/r^2 and F=mrw^2 equtae them both cancel out m make w^2 subject of formula and say that GM is constant since mass of the galaxy is constant

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. That is what I did...
Damn i hate it when i lose points from such mistakes... Don't you remember how many marks it got?
What about the boundary for A* guys? Lower than January's exam right? There were a lot of maths in it but it also had some tricky text answers. (sterilization and earth flux less than measured)

There werent many tricky questions and the calculations were straight forward so no idea about the boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you guys write on the question on why is F*A giving the real flux?
I wrote lots of stuff about galactic dust which absorbs some energy but i knew they weren't really to the point so i said that the flux on earth isn't uniform and made a drawing showing that the flux on the front side of earth isnt the same as on the back side?
What did you guys write on the question on why is F*A giving the real flux?
I wrote lots of stuff about galactic dust which absorbs some energy but i knew they weren't really to the point so i said that the flux on earth isn't uniform and made a drawing showing that the flux on the front side of earth isnt the same as on the back side?

I said that flux doesnt depend on the srea of the object recieving and also there are alot of obstacles between the sun and earth which absorb the radiations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys what did you write about the sterilization ?
Reply 19
Original post by Darkprince4401
Guys what did you write about the sterilization ?

Gamma Rays

Quick Reply

Latest