The Student Room Group

OCR A level history 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LennyBicknel
Anyone do Russia 1894-1941?

I did - how did you find it?
I did Russia. I didn't revise the 1917 revolutions because I didn't think they would put that topic in both questions, so I answered the question on Stalin and purges which was okay, but totally made up the answer to the ten marker. Was also quite pushed for time.
I did Russia. I didn't revise the 1917 revolutions because I thought they wouldn't ask us about the same topic in two questions. I answered the Stalin questions on which was okay, but I mostly made up the ten marker in the last 10 minutes of the exam. Pushed for time though.
Original post by Movementmoments
ahh unlucky. I did 10 marker first (Cannot sanction disturbance of the natural order) and focused mainly on econ stability which allowed recovery. USA - Dawes/Young plans and Stresemann introduction of reutenmark.

Essay went well too

How badly did you run out of time? Did you managed to get any of the 10 marker done?

I got over half of it done and I'm pretty confident with my essay so hopefully my overall grade will be ok. Praying for low grade boundaries 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone find the Germany 1919-63 paper?

I was only able to get a few hours of revision for it done last night so I was expecting the worse...

Came when I saw Nazi economic policy lol

SAAME was so happy! What did you put?
Original post by pamplemousse.
SAAME was so happy! What did you put?

Intro - Successful but ultimately failed to achieve aims of preparing economy for total war

para 1 - Schacht New plan, Fiscal stimulus, low interest rates, consumer goods increases, armament increase below target. 'guns vs butter' debate. Failed to achieve autarky

para 2 Goering 4 year plan. Success as armament production increases 400% and agricultural autarky achieved. However failed to achieve autarky in heavy industry and centralise the economy so ultimately unsuccessful in preparing for total war.

para 3 Economic policy was successful in reducing unemployment, public works/Prora etc., however figures misleading as Social undesirables and women excluded and public work was short-term employment. Still overall success in reducing unemployment but not to the great extent it is portrayed by official figures.

Conclusion - Both a success and failure depending on circumstances it is viewed in. Incredible compared to other European powers at the time however failed to prepare Germany for total war.

What did you put?
Loooool is there anyone who did the cold war in europe???? the questions were awful
French revolution was good!!
Intro - Successful but ultimately failed to achieve aims of preparing economy for total war

para 1 - Schacht New plan, Fiscal stimulus, low interest rates, consumer goods increases, armament increase below target. 'guns vs butter' debate. Failed to achieve autarky

para 2 Goering 4 year plan. Success as armament production increases 400% and agricultural autarky achieved. However failed to achieve autarky in heavy industry and centralise the economy so ultimately unsuccessful in preparing for total war.

para 3 Economic policy was successful in reducing unemployment, public works/Prora etc., however figures misleading as Social undesirables and women excluded and public work was short-term employment. Still overall success in reducing unemployment but not to the great extent it is portrayed by official figures.

Conclusion - Both a success and failure depending on circumstances it is viewed in. Incredible compared to other European powers at the time however failed to prepare Germany for total war.

What did you put?

Wow mine was really similar- para on New Plan, para on 4 year plan and para on employment. I said ultimately it failed on its own terms of rearmament and autarky and success was inconsistent, also labour not adequately exploited. Goring I used examples of coal as not good as had not even hit 1/2 target by 1942, Schacht I also mentioned balance of payments deficit, Mefo bills and thing where he made other countries pay German goods. Also by 1939 still had 1/3 of goods imports (can't remember if word was goods or what idk)

I feel fairly good about this, nice to see we're on similar lines so I didn't totally mess up.

What did you do for 10 marker?
Original post by pamplemousse.
Wow mine was really similar- para on New Plan, para on 4 year plan and para on employment. I said ultimately it failed on its own terms of rearmament and autarky and success was inconsistent, also labour not adequately exploited. Goring I used examples of coal as not good as had not even hit 1/2 target by 1942, Schacht I also mentioned balance of payments deficit, Mefo bills and thing where he made other countries pay German goods. Also by 1939 still had 1/3 of goods imports (can't remember if word was goods or what idk)

I feel fairly good about this, nice to see we're on similar lines so I didn't totally mess up.

What did you do for 10 marker?

Yar we wrote very similar essays.

10 marker

Stresemann - intro of reutenmark and econ stability

USA - Dawes and Young plans helped to bring econ stability

Conclusion - USA were a catalyst for the recovery whereas actions of Stresemann ensured the recovery occurred.
How did everyone find the Crusades paper?
I for one was so thankful that the First and Third were both halves of the question.
Did 2nd question for the Russia 1896-1941 exam. Thought it was a really good set of questions. Kinda annoying they did nothing for 1896-1914 but can't complain.
eh...did anyone do south africa: apartheid 1948 - 1999?
do you by any chance know what came up in the 2016 paper for britain 1930-97?
Original post by oliviaganderton
I'm doing French Rev & Napoleon, Britain 1930-1997 and the challenge of German Nationalism
Original post by IssyJuly7
French revolution was good!!

Also did French revolution, question 2 was the best possible question that could have come up for me
Original post by blue2337
Loooool is there anyone who did the cold war in europe???? the questions were awful

I did! I did question 2, I didn't think it was too bad but I spent wayyyy too much time on the 10 marker and ran out of time! How did you find it?
Original post by Syndron
eh...did anyone do south africa: apartheid 1948 - 1999?

I did Early Stuart's, Middle East and South Africa. How did you find it?
Not sure what unit codes they were, but I did the
War of the Roses (1450-1509)
Democracy and Dictatorships in Germany (1919-1963)
Disorder and Rebellion under the Tudors (1485-1603)
w
Original post by BigMan Ting
I did Early Stuart's, Middle East and South Africa. How did you find it?

IMO, I think the majority of the questions were good but South Africa completely threw me off so most likely it is my worst paper. Hopefully, I am still able to achieve that A. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending