The Student Room Group

Ocr physics p4 p5 p6 21st june GCSE

How did you guys find it? Thought it was the easiest module 4 5 6 test I've done in gcse. Wooooooo gcses are over
I thought it was horrible. Where did my revision go wrong lmao everyone seems to have found it good
Odd question here and there threw me

What did you all get for the tangential motion question?
And also for the lens question did you have to talk about whether it was real or virtual etc. because i forgot to add that?

um what else

what did everyone get for the probe question?
Original post by orderofthelotus
I thought it was horrible. Where did my revision go wrong lmao everyone seems to have found it good

It didn't include complicated stuff like Flemings left hand rule. But I feel blessed to have been given the nuclear fission 6 marker.
Reply 4
Original post by urgurlbecca
Odd question here and there threw me

What did you all get for the tangential motion question?
And also for the lens question did you have to talk about whether it was real or virtual etc. because i forgot to add that?

um what else

what did everyone get for the probe question?

I said if the motion was too slow then the satellite would be pulled towards Earth because of the strong gravitational attraction, and if it was too fast then the satellite wouldn't be able to scan the Earth because it would be moving too fast?
Reply 5
Went good, only one I wasn't sure on was the one about LEOs, what did you get?
Original post by woody16
I said if the motion was too slow then the satellite would be pulled towards Earth because of the strong gravitational attraction, and if it was too fast then the satellite wouldn't be able to scan the Earth because it would be moving too fast?

oh great i wrote the first part but not the second part (i said if it was too slow it would accelerate towards the earth, if it was too fast it would be ejected outward, complete guess lol)

Original post by BadRep

I got wave B. Since the wave is reflected off of the ionosphere, the satellite does not have to be in a fixed position over the earth which means its ideal for low polar satellites which are continually changing position. Wave A wouldn't be much use as it gets scattered in the atmosphere. Might be wrong. This was one of the questions I struggled w/ again.
Reply 7
Original post by BadRep

Wave B - LEO satellite as it is reflected by the ionosphere.
Wave C - Geostationary as it passes through the ionosphere
what did people get for 6 marker on magnification? I got that the image was 0.75cm
is there an unofficial mark scheme
Original post by Tygasga
what did people get for 6 marker on magnification? I got that the image was 0.75cm

Yeah I got that, not by drawing it, but by working it out. Because when I drew it out the first time I got something obnoxious like 1.3cm

How can I add to your thread if I don't revise mate
Reply 13
Original post by urgurlbecca
oh great i wrote the first part but not the second part (i said if it was too slow it would accelerate towards the earth, if it was too fast it would be ejected outward, complete guess lol)

I got wave B. Since the wave is reflected off of the ionosphere, the satellite does not have to be in a fixed position over the earth which means its ideal for low polar satellites which are continually changing position. Wave A wouldn't be much use as it gets scattered in the atmosphere. Might be wrong. This was one of the questions I struggled w/ again.

Sweet that's what I got
Unofficial markscheme anyone?
Original post by Anon4012
Unofficial markscheme anyone?

still in progress here

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4795862&p=72324888#post72324888

Quick Reply

Latest