The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Statistics 2017 - Predicted Grade Boundaries?

Hi!

The Edexcel GCSE Statistics exam is on Thursday and I was wondering how many marks I would need in order to secure an A*? I think I've got 33/40 on the coursework.

Thank you!
The grade boundaries seem to vary year on year- for example last year was particularly low as you only needed 75% in order to obtain an A* on the exam.
I believe that 33/40 is just about in the A* bracket for the coursework, so as long and you get an A* in the exam, you're basically guaranteed an A* overall! To be on the safe side, I'd aim to score around 85% on the exam to secure an A*. Good Luck!!
Original post by x.vickyyy
The grade boundaries seem to vary year on year- for example last year was particularly low as you only needed 75% in order to obtain an A* on the exam.
I believe that 33/40 is just about in the A* bracket for the coursework, so as long and you get an A* in the exam, you're basically guaranteed an A* overall! To be on the safe side, I'd aim to score around 85% on the exam to secure an A*. Good Luck!!

Thank you! Best of luck to you x
Reply 3
Original post by HayatiofParadise
Hi!

The Edexcel GCSE Statistics exam is on Thursday and I was wondering how many marks I would need in order to secure an A*? I think I've got 33/40 on the coursework.

Thank you!

I think in our mock that we did it was 75 out of 100 for an A*. To be sure I would say aim for low 80's as a minimum.
Original post by Artiom_
I think in our mock that we did it was 75 out of 100 for an A*. To be sure I would say aim for low 80's as a minimum.

Alright, thank you!
Reply 5
Original post by HayatiofParadise
Alright, thank you!

If i got a C in my coursework and a B in my exam, what would my overall grade be??
Original post by Zxrxh
If i got a C in my coursework and a B in my exam, what would my overall grade be??

My brother got the same results last year. Unfortunately, he got a C overall, however, it depends on how strong your C and B is.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest