The Student Room Group

Instagram Models

Yeah...these women are the bane of my existence.

They are amazing. Simply beautiful and a joy to behold. It's dangerous, man. I get jealous that they can give so much pleasure just by looking the way they do.

I'm male. I don't want to be a model. They'd never let me anyway. But the fact is...these women make me jealous.

They make me wish I could lose all the fat. They magnify the insecurities I have about my body.

Scroll to see replies

Well, at least you're not being compared to them
Reply 2
Original post by Severnagain
Well, at least you're not being compared to them

I know what you mean. But I am in a way.

Everybody has something called "Sexual Market Value" and people assess and compare this regardless of gender.
Bit of a weird thread really
Reply 4
Original post by hezzlington
Bit of a weird thread really

I know it's a little weird, but let me explain a little more.

These women post many, many pictures of themselves. Selfies, beach / holiday photos wherein they're wearing bikinis, of them in nightclubs wearing their best clothes and quite often wearing aviators.

They always look sexy, important, formidable and waaaayyyyy too good for ya.

They're pretty much like billionaires. It's annoying and it makes me jealous.
Original post by Benzocaine
I know it's a little weird, but let me explain a little more.

These women post many, many pictures of themselves. Selfies, beach / holiday photos wherein they're wearing bikinis, of them in nightclubs wearing their best clothes and quite often wearing aviators.

They always look sexy, important, formidable and waaaayyyyy too good for ya.

They're pretty much like billionaires. It's annoying and it makes me jealous.

Im confused at what you mean

Do you want to be them or be in them?
Instagram is all for show. A façade.

These people either know how to take great photos, or whoever is taking the photos of them knows how to take great photos. They're experts at choosing what clothing, make-up, lighting, angle and scenery/backdrop will look good and put across the message that the picture is supposed to put across, which is typically to make the person look amazing or look wealthy, or both. Photoshop also helps tremendously.

Any decent looking person could have a "model" account if they have someone working with them that knows what they're doing. A lot of these models actually have a small team of people working with them because Instagram is basically a promotional tool for their businesses.
(edited 6 years ago)
Atleast you're a guy. Could be worse.
Reply 8

They make me wish I could lose all the fat. They magnify the insecurities I have about my body.

so whats stopping you? put the doughnuts down and get yer fatass to the gym
Reply 9
Original post by Mystery.
Atleast you're a guy. Could be worse.

I just don't see why it's better if I'm a guy.

Original post by Nerry
so whats stopping you? put the doughnuts down and get yer fatass to the gym

Yeah I've been working out for the past couple of days.

Although I can't use this models thing as motivation. It's actually a source of misery. Not motivation.
I'm sure I saw someone on the bus today who could have been one... why are some people so stunning, then people like me exist?

:hide:
Angles. Filters. Lighting. Facetune.Makeup.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
I'm sure I saw someone on the bus today who could have been one... why are some people so stunning, then people like me exist?

:hide:

but youre beautiful too!! (in a manly way)
All these Instagram models are nothing but trouble
Yeah but I'm an exception
👽👽
Their makeup makes me jealous but at the same time I really hate how the makeup is all the same (usually)
Yeah...these women are the bane of my existence.

They are amazing. Simply beautiful and a joy to behold. It's dangerous, man. I get jealous that they can give so much pleasure just by looking the way they do.

I'm male. I don't want to be a model. They'd never let me anyway. But the fact is...these women make me jealous.

They get paid to promote "detox tea"...
Original post by CleverSquirrel
but youre beautiful too!! (in a manly way)

Handsome is the word you are looking for :colonhash:

But thank you! That's too kind.
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
Handsome is the word you are looking for :colonhash:

But thank you! That's too kind.

Shhhhh I had a mind blank hahahaha

Quick Reply

Latest