The Student Room Group

TV series recommendations?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bubs051213
No clue if you're joking because I'm forever getting the piss taken out of me for liking The Durrells :colondollar: but I'm going to assume you're not and get excited that someone else loves this too! Louisa is essentially my spirit animal!

i am a huge huge fan of all the Durrells. i have read pretty much all of the works of L and G.
although the telly series contains lots of pure invention it is great entertainment.
Original post by uw0tm9
Lol, I'm 17 and I'm fine with nudity. Black Sails also has a lot of nudity and as everyone know so does Game of Thrones. In all honestly though I don't really like too much nudity. It's a bit annoying sometimes. Nudity for the sake of nudity is annoying, nudity for the sake of the plot is okay and makes sense. Never seeing people f**kin in TV shows is unrealistic, always seeing people f**king and beign naked for no reason is unrealistic.

True! You watch Game of Thrones? If you do would you recommend it, I mean I've heard mixed reviews and idk lol
I think I've watched one episode and omg it was intense *face palm*
Original post by salma123angel
Now that exams are over, the first thing I wanna do is just binge watch shows. I like watching shows like pll, prison break, teen wolf blah blah the usual,
what would you guys recommend??

trollied
Watch jericho it's prolly one of the first shows id seen on netflix

Real good.
Original post by S2M
Breaking Bad
Prison Break
The Walking Dead
Mr. Robot
Ballers
Power
Z Nation
The Flash
Arrow
Legends of Tomorrow
Suits
The Big Bang Theory
Dexter
Better Call Saul

how can you mention all of these and not mention White Collar ;(((
Reply 45
Original post by addingishard
how can you mention all of these and not mention White Collar ;(((

Sorry, I haven't seen White Collar. :frown:
Reply 46
True! You watch Game of Thrones? If you do would you recommend it, I mean I've heard mixed reviews and idk lol
I think I've watched one episode and omg it was intense *face palm*

No I haven't watched it but I recommended it because it gets good reviews. I've tried watching it but it's just not for me. I've never gotten past episode one. I know that it probably gets better and there are a lot of seasons but it's just not for me. But try it if you want to, most people like it so you might like it too.
Now that exams are over, the first thing I wanna do is just binge watch shows. I like watching shows like pll, prison break, teen wolf blah blah the usual,
what would you guys recommend??

Hey there!

This thread should be in the TV shows forum. I'll just tag @AngryJellyfish to get this moved for you :h:
Reply 48
The 100
Reign
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Orphan Black
The Originals
The Fosters
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Hey there!

This thread should be in the TV shows forum. I'll just tag @AngryJellyfish to get this moved for you :h:

Thank youuu :smile:
I can recommend:
The 100
Outlander (it's really good, starting airing on More4 in the UK from series 1 from 29th June)
The Handmaid's Tale (currently airing on Channel 4 in the UK, be a little wary though if you aren't keen on that type of show)
Humans (genuinely, really good sci-fi, slightly chilling and weird but v good)
Death In Paradise (Caribbean murder mystery type thing)
The Flash
Supergirl (more series 1 than 2 as series 2 is hit and miss, I feel)
Master of None
Parks and Recreation
Red Dwarf (especially the earlier series, but the new series are quite good too)

Quick Reply

Latest