The Student Room Group

I lost a stone in 2 weeks

Well actually 13.6 lbs.

I've been eating 4 biscuits per day on 'comfy days' and '4 biscuits, tin of mackerel and banana' on 'hungry days'.

I only ever eat once per six hours, usually having a single oaty and chocolatey biscuit.

Also cold diet cokes help (I think) because of sweetener.

Will gradually increase kcals as I approach target weight.

Currently weigh just over 100kg.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pagan91
Well actually 13.6 lbs.

I've been eating 4 biscuits per day on 'comfy days' and '4 biscuits, tin of mackerel and banana' on 'hungry days'.

I only ever eat once per six hours, usually having a single oaty and chocolatey biscuit.

Will gradually increase kcals as I approach target weight.

Currently weigh just over 100kg.

This doesnt sound healthy at all...
Reply 2
Original post by Fermion.
This doesnt sound healthy at all...

Don't care I'm sick of being fat and small decreases in kcals are impossible for me cause I have to constantly read stupid labels and add up all the time. It makes me depressed and i frequently miss the mark. This is working so I am happy.
Very unhealthy but whatever works for you i guess
Original post by Pagan91
Don't care I'm sick of being fat and small decreases in kcals are impossible for me cause I have to constantly read stupid labels and add up all the time. It makes me depressed and i frequently miss the mark. This is working so I am happy.

You're going to gain that weight back as quickly as you lost it once you start eating again.
Reply 5
You're going to gain that weight back as quickly as you lost it once you start eating again.

Thanks.
i reccommend combining excersise and diet to achieve a deficiet in calorie consumption as oppose to drastically cutting it out from your diet. Like the lady above said, you will gain it back straight away once you start eating normally at the pace you're going.

Starvation is just not worth it
Nice, it's healthy dw
Original post by Pagan91
Thanks.

Im sorry but that is whats going to happen. Please lose weight the normal way where you wont be negatively affecting your health.
Reply 9

Just so you know your 'advice' is really demoralising and unhelpful just like all the weight-loss guides out there, which clearly aren't working since there are so many obese people.

If you ever have a friend who needs to lose weight you will do them a favour by keeping quiet rather than peddling your internet-wisdom.
Original post by Pagan91
Thanks.

I don't think he meant it in a rude way.

When you essentially starve yourself with a calorie deficit your body's metabolism slows down and it holds on to fat. When you start normal eating again the metabolism is slower than what you started from than it started, meaning - essentially the amount of calories you'll need to maintain that weight is lower than what it was initially.
Original post by Pagan91
Just so you know your 'advice' is really demoralising and unhelpful just like all the weight-loss guides out there, which clearly aren't working since there are so many obese people.

If you ever have a friend who needs to lose weight you will do them a favour by keeping quiet rather than peddling your internet-wisdom.

Eat/don't eat what you want/don't want, I guess. But if you do eat then just get your necessary nutrients in and hit a punching bag. :smile: Burning fat is about burning calories and if you're not eating you're not burning anything except..burning out lol
Just eat light salads at least once a day and do some light cardio like a brisk walk home :yy: you will deplete fat like that as well, and pretty quickly. I did that as a teen and woke up one day it seemed almost an entire stone lighter in a few weeks and have been maintaining my weight besides adding muscle mass. But I suppose it was healthy but every body is different.
Original post by zainahmed48
I don't think he meant it in a rude way.

I think that's a girl lol
Original post by 0to100

Im a girl. Lmao. I dont know why they took it so personally, I was stating facts, mainly because I starved myself once upon a time to lose weight and when I started eating again I just gained it back. I lost weight in the end by eating healthily and just exercising.
Original post by 0to100

LOOOL I MISSED OUT THE "S" 😂😂 my bad lol
Im a girl. Lmao. I dont know why they took it so personally, I was stating facts, mainly because I starved myself once upon a time to lose weight and when I started eating again I just gained it back. I lost weight in the end by eating healthily and just exercising.

Typing error sorry 😅
Eat more regular small meals. This helps speed up your metabolism.

Work out, and remember, to more muscle you have, the more calories your body burns at rest. Also more calories burned after exercising at rest.

Eat filling whole foods. Fruits, veg, wholemeal foods etc. Be smart with what you eat and avoid empty calories.

I find making changes that you're okay with keeping for a long time/permanently and slow steady progress is the best.
Reply 18

Is it a 'Fact' that I am doomed to the same fate as you? I know my reasons for doing this and I will never lose sight of them. When I have shed the weight that is just the beginning of my plan.
Lol so you are basically starving yourself. It wont last and then you will binge it all back again.

Quick Reply

Latest