The Student Room Group

Spanish a2 (aqa) 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arenablanca
I think the translations were these:

1. the rocket was built by european engineers in the united states six months ago
2. many businessmen have invested millions of euros to support the project
3. astronauts would like to (discover? or something) if there is life on other planets
4. many people doubt if it will be successful given that there are too many risks
5. tourists from all over the world will be able to explore space and see the earth’s beauty

How did everyone translate the 3rd sentence. Is it the 2nd if clause so si + imperfect subjunctive then conditional ???
A los astronautas les gustaría hacer pruebas para descubrir si haya vida en otros planetas is what I wrote
Original post by shivtek
A los astronautas les gustaría hacer pruebas para descubrir si haya vida en otros planetas is what I wrote

I maybe got half right! I can't remember much at all. Blind panic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, what do u guys think about the paper? I think the translation from English to Spanish was hard, and also the reading part was confusing too.
Reply 564
Grade boundary predictions?
95 for a* last year - did that paper for mock and reckon it was a bit easier?
Original post by arenablanca
I think the translations were these:

1. the rocket was built by european engineers in the united states six months ago

2. many businessmen have invested millions of euros to support the project

3. astronauts would like to (discover? or something) if there is life on other planets

4. many people doubt if it will be successful given that there are too many risks

5. tourists from all over the world will be able to explore space and see the earth’s beauty

1. el cohete fue construido por ingenieros en los Estados Unidos hace seis meses (I actually didn’t know either ‘rocket’ nor ‘engineers’ so screwed it up but now I know the vocab, it’s straight forward I believe).

2. Muchos hombres de negocios españoles han invertido millones de euros para apoyar este programa (I’m sure the sentence was actually: ‘many Spanish businessmen have invested millions of euros to support this programme’??)

3. A los astronautas les gustarían descubrir si hay vida en otros planetas

4. Mucha gente duda que tenga éxito dado que hay demasiados riesgos

5. Turistas por todas partes del mundo podrán explorar espacio y ver la belleza de la Tierra

These probably aren’t perfect, but it’s what I went for!
After doing French on Monday, this paper was WAY easier. But, I still found the reading hard because I was stressing about taking too long (I started with translations, then listening then reading and ended up with only 55 mins for essay so worried I may have rushed a bit). I did La casa de Bernarda Alba- the being able to identify themes question which I thought went pretty well although I only managed to write about 3 themes... Still had to get more paper though!
(edited 6 years ago)
didn't find this paper too bad - listening and reading were okay i think and happy with my essay! the span to english translation was awful though :frown: i did the spanish AS paper retake and honestly thought this was a similar level of difficulty, also french A2 = whole paper was 100000 x harder
In the reading about terrorists, what followed habia conseguido?
Original post by Linguist123
In the reading about terrorists, what followed habia conseguido?

Convertirlas
Original post by Nikita_2313
Convertirlas

Pretty sure convertirlas was used before militantes.?
Original post by hannahwood19x
didn't find this paper too bad - listening and reading were okay i think and happy with my essay! the span to english translation was awful though :frown: i did the spanish AS paper retake and honestly thought this was a similar level of difficulty, also french A2 = whole paper was 100000 x harder

Yay a fellow French/Spanish person! No kidding the French was 100000x harder- the Spanish felt like a walk in the park in comparison! It was still harder than past papers though, mainly due to vocab. I didn't find the Spanish to English translation that bad but I wasn't keen on the reading and the English to Spanish had annoying vocab I didn't know.
Reply 571

Yeah I think I used it there as well. I had narrowed it down to either forzar or eludar i think? I chose the one that wasn't forzar i cant remember whether it was eludar or another word..

How ridiculous was it that they changed the words so that they weren't in order for the first time ever on this paper?? I think grade boundaries will be lower than other years
Original post by Goal94
Yeah I think I used it there as well. I had narrowed it down to either forzar or eludar i think? I chose the one that wasn't forzar i cant remember whether it was eludar or another word..

How ridiculous was it that they changed the words so that they weren't in order for the first time ever on this paper?? I think grade boundaries will be lower than other years

that pissed me off
Original post by Goal94

That pissed me off SO much literally none of the others have done that 😡😡
Original post by Goal94

For which question...? This may explain why I found the reading so hard- I didn't even realise they weren't in order -.-
Original post by Jaffakayke
For which question...? This may explain why I found the reading so hard- I didn't even realise they weren't in order -.-

I thought only the first listening question wasn't in order?!

Wait are you sure? 'Había conseguido convertirlas' makes sense, as it's 'had succeeded in converting them' so I put that. What did other people put?
Original post by s-e
Wait are you sure? 'Había conseguido convertirlas' makes sense, as it's 'had succeeded in converting them' so I put that. What did other people put?

I put the same as you - convertirlas made more sense than any other options.
Original post by Nikita_2313
I put the same as you - convertirlas made more sense than any other options.

I think I put reclutar...
what did people put for the first space in the gapfill reading?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending