The Student Room Group

Spanish a2 (aqa) 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachelrayner
That sounds good!! I said how his dreams were his main inspiration, he had drawn images he had seen in his dreams etc...didn't know what else to say so I linked the fact that el machismo still exists in our society therefore he wanted to incorporate it into his film, even though it was set in the 1930s, and also about his problem with the Catholic Church when you seen the priest piling food into his plate whilst saying one ration card will be enough etc.

I made the mistake of looking at the essay q's at the start of the exam which left me in a panic for the entire time cos they were all rubbish.... Why couldn't it just have asked techniques, themes and what I thought of them ffs :frown:

Ah yes!! That dream point is good! Yeah I made the exact same point said about the fact he said he hates organised religion etc is seen through the priest's ration card statement..! But what confused me is in our mock we had a very similar question on influencias!! (2016) are influencias and 'Fuentes de inspiración' same thing pretty much??
Original post by s-e
For pandillas I put the one about the groups having an increasing influence over young people I think, what did you put?

Yes same! Last option in the list of 4! So d? And then there was another one about desempleo and delincuencia and I remember putting he said it was una de las razones but not the Main. Then I put due to family violence one, it ruins relationships with others
Original post by Ruperteee
Yes same! Last option in the list of 4! So d? And then there was another one about desempleo and delincuencia and I remember putting he said it was una de las razones but not the Main. Then I put due to family violence one, it ruins relationships with others

Yay I put those as well!! I also put that the age of the people committing crimes is decreasing and people learn manners in the home
Original post by s-e
Yay I put those as well!! I also put that the age of the people committing crimes is decreasing and people learn manners in the home

Yes same!!! The only question that really confused me was the toilet one now thinking about it! And of course on reading the angelina jolie and plane cabin one
For the sevilla question

who said 'other places recycle more than sevilla'
Yes same!!! The only question that really confused me was the toilet one now thinking about it! And of course on reading the angelina jolie and plane cabin one

Yeah those were so strange, I hated the plane cabinet one so much! I thought the reading was harder than usual this year

Original post by Linguist123
For the sevilla question

who said 'other places recycle more than sevilla'

I think I put Victoria? Can't remember 100%
Original post by s-e
Yeah those were so strange, I hated the plane cabinet one so much! I thought the reading was harder than usual this year

I think I put Victoria? Can't remember 100%

Yeah Victoria (the last speaker) also I think it was Raul who said about the bins for stuff like organic waste? And Nuria said stuff about walking too far to the rubbish bin
Yeah Victoria (the last speaker) also I think it was Raul who said about the bins for stuff like organic waste? And Nuria said stuff about walking too far to the rubbish bin

I can't remember who I put for the extra bins question, but I got the same as you for walking too far to the bin!
Original post by s-e
I can't remember who I put for the extra bins question, but I got the same as you for walking too far to the bin!

I wish I could remember my reading answers!! Ahh
I wish I could remember my reading answers!! Ahh

I remember for the 12 passengers one for the plane cabin I put they lost their memory or something! And the airline denied it and said they wouldn't put the people in danger and they told he passengers to sit down
Things I definitely remember:

I misspelt buceando as buzeando, I know AQA normally accept "one spelling error that doesn't significantly change the meaning" but if they're trying to hammer home the C/Z rule I'm not sure if I'll get the mark?

I got the word for 'rocket' bc I'd heard it once when I watched a clip from the Mexican dub of The Incredibles and I think I might have been the only person in my school to get the word????

The plane cabin section I found alright but it did make me laugh bc I'd seen something similar in the news the other day

Do AQA have a thing for Angelina Jolie cos swear down she's turned up before

I went for the history essay about líderes that tienen triunfos and desastres, our study area is 1930s Spain so I went for Azaña

Blanked out most of the rest of it tbh
Original post by coto524

I misspelt buceando as buzeando, I know AQA normally accept "one spelling error that doesn't significantly change the meaning" but if they're trying to hammer home the C/Z rule I'm not sure if I'll get the mark?

I got the word for 'rocket' bc I'd heard it once when I watched a clip from the Mexican dub of The Incredibles and I think I might have been the only person in my school to get the word????

The plane cabin section I found alright but it did make me laugh bc I'd seen something similar in the news the other day

I went for the history essay about líderes that tienen triunfos and desastres, our study area is 1930s Spain so I went for Azaña

Ah angelina question! So I remember one of the people children drowned, and I put they couldn't find the bodies of the others, she felt there wasn't enough attention from the media or something
Reply 632
I remember for the 12 passengers one for the plane cabin I put they lost their memory or something! And the airline denied it and said they wouldn't put the people in danger and they told he passengers to sit down

I thought they allowed them to get up to go to the toilet, or have I remembered it wrong?
Original post by sc9999
I thought they allowed them to get up to go to the toilet, or have I remembered it wrong?

Ah damn maybe I was wrong! But I thought it said something like there were scared of more toxic fumes so didn't let them
Reply 634
Ah damn maybe I was wrong! But I thought it said something like there were scared of more toxic fumes so didn't let them

Actually tbf it would make more sense if they didn't, so it probably linked to the one that said "la tripulacion impedio..."
Original post by sc9999
Actually tbf it would make more sense if they didn't, so it probably linked to the one that said "la tripulacion impedio..."

What did people think of translations? I thought Spanish to English was quite nice but sentences eng to span not great
Original post by coto524

I did the same essay but I studied 'La transición' instead

The "memory" one should be right - the text used "desmayarse" (faint) and afaik perder el conocimiento = lose consciousness. For the other one I think it was the answer with the tripulación/crew, might be the one you put but I legitimately do not remember the phrasing for that one
Original post by Jasminarciero
What was the toilet question?

The listening!! All about like toilets in India!
Original post by Jasminarciero
Do you remember the answers for it?

I remember my last two I put lagunas and Instituto- but probably wrong!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending