The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Who else still has exams left, and when do you finish? I'm not done until next Thursday, with 5 exams to go.
Original post by an_atheist
Who else still has exams left, and when do you finish? I'm not done until next Thursday, with 5 exams to go.

I have one left and it's C4 tomorrow morning! Hoping I can improve on C3 and push my grade back up where I want it to be...

I also finish next Thursday, but I've got only 4 exams left: C4, FP3, chemistry and physics.
Original post by wolfmoon88
You also should not be pessimistic ok :hugs: :console:

I doubt I'll get the grades tho :frown: my teachers say I will bc I always lack faith in myself, but idk, I don't think I've done enough...
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I doubt I'll get the grades tho :frown: my teachers say I will bc I always lack faith in myself, but idk, I don't think I've done enough...

It probably isn't because you haven't done enough, We can see that you have worked a lot harder than a lot of people - there is an element of luck with the questions, with the grade boundaries and with the examiner themselves. There are so many variables that analysing your effort just isn't accurate enough this point, it's just a giant pair of crossed fingers for so many little things (like an examiner marking the papers in a lovely garden with a glass of red wine and loving life and therefore feeling generous haha). Good luck 💕

1 more on Monday e x c i t e!!!
gl with remaining exams, 5 is a lot
Original post by k.russell
anyone feeling brave enough to predict maths ums?

Spoiler

ocr
S2-100
S3-tbc
S4-100
C4-tbc
FP2-tbc
Fp3-88
Offer is unconditional so I feel like a bit of a jammy ******* posting here, but what societies are you planning to join if/when you get in? Are rowers perceived as meathead bores or universally adored champions?

Ps. Good luck to everyone!
Original post by Socratesfam
Offer is unconditional so I feel like a bit of a jammy ******* posting here, but what societies are you planning to join if/when you get in? Are rowers perceived as meathead bores or universally adored champions?

I'm not sure but I am confident that it is binary with no in between
Original post by Buymoria
ocr
S2-100
S3-tbc
S4-100
C4-tbc
FP2-tbc
Fp3-88

stats master! got any tips for S2 on Monday?
Original post by blazing11
It probably isn't because you haven't done enough, We can see that you have worked a lot harder than a lot of people - there is an element of luck with the questions, with the grade boundaries and with the examiner themselves. There are so many variables that analysing your effort just isn't accurate enough this point, it's just a giant pair of crossed fingers for so many little things (like an examiner marking the papers in a lovely garden with a glass of red wine and loving life and therefore feeling generous haha). Good luck 💕

Aw thank you! I have worked really hard, but I feel like I could've worked harder for paper 2 lit. Mainly because I was beyond exhausted the night before, and ended up forgetting a few quotes towards the end of my last essay... though the other parts of this had significantly more quotes.... so it was kinda rushed and idk.... :frown:

Is there anything that tends to particularly trip you up?
Original post by Buymoria
Is there anything that tends to particularly trip you up?

haha not particularly, I was kind of joking - impressive ums tho
Original post by Socratesfam

Most people don't really care about rowers unless they're trying to force you to join :smile:

Step 1: Be good at stats
Step 2: Dont be bad at stats

all joking aside, practise and pace yourself in the exam so you dont make really elementary mistakes.

all joking aside, practise and pace yourself in the exam so you dont make really elementary mistakes.

hi I think I am ok with step 1 but not step 2 :sss can you go more in depth??? :3

I should be alright for S2, am quite good on timings etc so I reckon if I take my time in the exam should be able to get a decent score. Just wanted to know that guys secret lol 100 ums in S2 and S4
I was worried after my Spanish speaking but I had the LRT paper today and it was really tough but I think i did well enough to get the 180+ UMS I need for A2? Now all I have to worry about is S2 on Monday and then I am dooooone :h:
Reply 3178

At first I thought this was a reference to STEP I and II.... :getmecoat:
Original post by Doonesbury
At first I thought this was a reference to STEP I and II.... :getmecoat:

Nah, taking the piss out of a Reddit gag when talking about relationships

Latest

Trending

Trending