The Student Room Group

is 5ft8 short

i am 5ft8

and this other guy who is like 6ft5 called me unlucky

why?

Scroll to see replies

Because it is genetically phenotypically advantageous to be tall, more attractive to females so more likely to pass on genes, also women feel better protected.
Not tryna be a savage though
Original post by study beats
i am 5ft8

and this other guy who is like 6ft5 called me unlucky

why?

The average male height in the UK is 5'9".
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Because it is genetically phenotypically advantageous to be tall, more attractive to females so more likely to pass on genes, also women feel better protected.
Not tryna be a savage though

wtf?

were not animals u idiot
wtf?

were not animals u idiot

Oh yeah im the idiot in this situation.
Reply 5
6ft5 master race
wtf?

were not animals u idiot

*We're
*you
*idiot.
*We are part of the animal kingdom, so we are animals.
Reply 7
wtf?

were not animals u idiot

lol then why do you give a ****. Use your brain to attract females.
Original post by sivthasan
*We're
*you
*idiot.
*We are part of the animal kingdom, so we are animals.

Dont waste your time on him
so many insecure males here. Embrace it im 5'7, just ignore those shallow females who judge on height, they're not worth to be with anyways
5'8 is just slightly under average, I'm 5'7 and people don't really consider me "short". Sure I'm on the shorter side, but it's not that significant tbh. Also, you're average/above average in many places in the world so bare in mind people's perception of short differs a lot (in Holland you are deffo short, but in some Asian countries you may even be tall.)
It's relative to where you live. If most people around you are taller than you then you are short.

Original post by 999tigger
The average male height in the UK is 5'9".

5'10 now
Reply 12
Here's the truth

5'8 is not short, but women do like taller guys, around 6 foot + a few inches
I am about 5 foot 7/8 and I am fine with my height. I am 18 so might have an inch or so to grow. Might hit average for UK male!
Original post by angelike1
It's relative to where you live. If most people around you are taller than you then you are short.

5'10 now

Them damn tall immigrants, they come to our country and they raise our national average height
Them damn tall immigrants, they come to our country and they raise our national average height

Immigrants (mainly Asians) are shorter - pretty sure they pull it down
Original post by angelike1
Immigrants (mainly Asians) are shorter - pretty sure they pull it down

I knew that but you ruined my joke, why has it gone up then?
From a female perspective, I wouldn't consider 5"8' for a male short, more average (and I'm 5"7').

I'm imagining he said that because the general view is women find tall men more attractive, but a) I know women who prefer shorter guys, even and b) for most women, I'd say there are things they care about much more than a thing like height. :lol:

Oh... :hide:

erm... idk biology? apparently humans are naturally growing taller on a global scale.

I'm not an expert, but I heard people are getting taller as the generations go on. Which could be down to things like us consuming more food or the things within our food, maybe?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending