The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Personally, I agree with letting them decide but due to historical reasons and strategic importance, I doubt neither of the nations will let this happen.
(edited 6 years ago)
The partition of India in the first place was dumb.
Original post by Spratty
The sooner you understand that, the better for both of our countries

Spoiler

This is the place where a global nuclear war is most likely to kick off.
Reply 4
Wow. A sensible comment. I thought this would descend into a fracas straight away
Reply 5
Then wage war chickens...

:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
India has won all wars against Pakistan...
Kashmir should be Independent
Pakistan's partition from India was against the Hindu- Muslim population lines and Kashmir clearly falls under these lines, barring the post partition policy of India shifting their Hindu/non Kashmir (I am not writing that they are mutually exclusive) population onto the Kashmir land.
Original post by Spratty
India has won all wars against Pakistan...

Obviously they have, Pakistan is a small country with little natural resources compared to India...
Who are you to say all should belong to India? Would you not be in favour of a referendum? Is the current Kashmir split unsatisfactory?
Guys just chill & share the poppadom

[scrollr]:bhangra:[/scrollr]

[scroll]:bhangra:[/scroll]

[scrollr]:bhangra:[/scrollr]

bom shankar !!!
Original post by Aceadria
Personally, I agree with letting them decide but due to historical reasons and strategic importance, I doubt neither of the nations will let this happen.

The vast majority of Kashmiri Hindus were driven out due to Islamic terrorism. The people there, aren't the only ones who's opinions matter.
Original post by JMR2017
Who are you to say all should belong to India? Would you not be in favour of a referendum? Is the current Kashmir split unsatisfactory?

Should we hold a referendum on the lands annexed by Israel, in Palestine?
Original post by Spratty
The sooner you understand that, the better for both of our countries

Spoiler

Attachment not found
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by The Asian Tory
Pakistan's partition from India was against the Hindu- Muslim population lines and Kashmir clearly falls under these lines, barring the post partition policy of India shifting their Hindu/non Kashmir (I am not writing that they are mutually exclusive) population onto the Kashmir land.

Muslim majority in Kashmir?

Sikhs should unite with Muslim Kashmiri and gain independence from India. USSR style.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Asian Tory

It's the opposite. India was not able to stop hundreds of thousands of Kashmiri Pandits from being driven out of the Muslim majority Kashmir Valley due to Islamist terrorism in the 90s.

If it partition was supposed to be along hindu-muslim lines then Jammu and Ladakh regions are majority hindu, sikh and buddhist and only a small part of the state area wise which is the kashmir valley is muslim majority.

India has article 370 in the constitution which gives Kashmir special status and the Jammu and Kashmir legislative assembly more powers to decide laws than any other state in India. One of those laws is that people from other parts of india are not allowed to settle in J&K

Original post by Zargabaath
The vast majority of Kashmiri Hindus were driven out due to Islamic terrorism. The people there, aren't the only ones who's opinions matter.

this
Reply 17
I dont why would you even start such a topic in the first place? there is no wrong or right in this.

care about the ppl once, not about the damn land!

-Person who's from jammu
Reply 18
I dont why would you even start such a topic in the first place? there is no wrong or right in this.

care about the ppl once who are being kicked out of their houses or killed for no reasons, regardless of their religion. not about the damn land!

-Person who's from jammu
Reply 19
Original post by SMEGGGY
Muslim majority in Kashmir?

Sikhs should unite with Muslim Kashmiri and gain independence from India. USSR style.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the split of the USSR turned out great for everyone didn't it?

Latest

Trending

Trending