The Student Room Group

Spanish a2 (aqa) 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Liamraff1348
Hablo español con fluidez y hasta yo me resultó dificíl hacerlo; lo hice con unas amigas españolas tb y despues me dijeron que era muy dificil ya que las preguntas fueron muuu raras. No esteis tristes si os lo salió mal, seguro q tendrais resultados geniales!
Me quedo disponible si haya alguien que quisiera hablarme sobre el examen :smile:

Yo vivía en España cuando era pequeña entonces tengo todos los básico palabras pero solo dejo Espana cuando podría hablar de Scooby doo no de Cohetes. Me alegra (un poquito) que la niña que lo hizo con migo también lo encontró difícil. Creo que era el orden de las preguntas.
tbh its a bit of a piss take that people who already speak spanish can take it at A-Level :dontknow:
Original post by KloppOClock
tbh its a bit of a piss take that people who already speak spanish can take it at A-Level :dontknow:

No it isn't!! We do English 😂
As a native speaker it's easy to fail the exam if you don't do the work. I have a native speaking Spanish friend and she hasn't got a clue about some of the stuff we have studied.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PCsqwelch
No it isn't!! We do English 😂
As a native speaker it's easy to fail the exam if you don't do the work. I have a native speaking Spanish friend and she hasn't got a clue about some of the stuff we have studied.

Posted from TSR Mobile

uh huh
What were the synonyms?
Original post by KloppOClock

it counts for uni so... hahahah
Original post by teatroplastico
What were the synonyms?

The only one of the 4 I remember was murieron , haven't got a clue what I put for the others although I remember finding one of them particularly hard to find (the bottom one in list)
I am half native but its not that easy to get an A*
Original post by Ruperteee
The only one of the 4 I remember was murieron , haven't got a clue what I put for the others although I remember finding one of them particularly hard to find (the bottom one in list)

Original post by teatroplastico
What were the synonyms?

There were:
no obstante - sin embargo
azafatas - ?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by studentigcse
I am half native but its not that easy to get an A*

I couldn't even scrape an A let alone A*
Original post by google99
There were:
azafatas - ?

Ah yes! I remember that one now, and hmmm azafatas- something to do with tripulación I think?
azafatas - trabajadores
desmindieron(idk lol) - negaron (by the fact that it was the only other preterite 3rd person plural in the 1st paragraph)
fallecieron - murieron
padecimientos - enfermedades

BBBDAC

Estaba buceando en el Caribe

literally all I remember hahah
I understand that not all native speakers will get 100% on the paper, but it does put you at a significant advantage compared to everyone else and it explains why the grade boundaries for languages are always so high. In 2014, you needed to get 96/110 to get an A in Spanish which I think is honestly ridiculous seeing as Spanish and other languages are difficult to take at A level and this mark for most other subjects would be a clear A*.

I have nothing personally against people who are fluent in Spanish taking the exam, but I think it's unfair that grade boundaries are always so high because we all need our grades to get into university and the exam board should take into account that native speakers do this exam when marking the papers and setting grade boundaries.

(Sorry for the rant)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by chazer154
azafatas - trabajadores
desmindieron(idk lol) - negaron (by the fact that it was the only other preterite 3rd person plural in the 1st paragraph)
fallecieron - murieron

BBBDAC

So I think I only got 3/5 wooo
So I think I only got 3/5 wooo

Mate i'm predicted a C so I wouldn't worry i just put my answers up aha
Original post by chazer154
azafatas - trabajadores
fallecieron - murieron

BBBDAC

Azafatas was auxiliares
Original post by Liamraff1348
Azafatas was auxiliares

Damn I remember putting auxiliares but then something after it as well :/ one mark gone for me
Damn I remember putting auxiliares but then something after it as well :/ one mark gone for me

fairly sure it was auxilares de vuelo
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by bluesandgreens
fairly sure it was auxilares de vuelo

Ah yes! That's what I put then I remember putting auxiliares something
Original post by s-e
I understand that not all native speakers will get 100% on the paper, but it does put you at a significant advantage compared to everyone else and it explains why the grade boundaries for languages are always so high. In 2014, you needed to get 96/110 to get an A in Spanish which I think is honestly ridiculous seeing as Spanish and other languages are difficult to take at A level and this mark for most other subjects would be a clear A*.

I have nothing personally against people who are fluent in Spanish taking the exam, but I think it's unfair that grade boundaries are always so high because we all need our grades to get into university and the exam board should take into account that native speakers do this exam when marking the papers and setting grade boundaries.

(Sorry for the rant)

Agreed. People who are spanish take spanish in my school because it is easy for them. I've had to work really hard in spanish and i'm still predicted a C merely because the boundaries are so high. At the end of the day guys, we've learnt a new language that we can apply to the world. I'm going on holiday to Spain and I can't wait to try it out. THAT'S what we should be looking forward to and enjoying. But I do get it..uni and all :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending