The Student Room Group

MOJ pre employment checks

Hi there,
Has anyone had a provisional offer from MOJ and filled in the pre employment check forms?
I have to put 5 years employment history including my present employer down, does anyone know if they contact your present employer? I've not said I'm leaving yet so don't want them to recieve a reference request when they have no idea I'm looking to leave 😱
There's nowhere else on the forms for actual references
Thanks in advance

Scroll to see replies

Hi Matilda48,

I noticed on another thread there was a point in time before you received your provisional offer, your status on the Application Centre said "Thank you very much for attending the recent interview. We will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process."

How long after this status did it change to provisional offer?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi my status changed from this after around a week.

I'm now progressing through pre employment checks and awaiting my start date.

How long has your application stated this?

Good luck
Hey,

It's probably stated this for about a week and 2 days now. I have been waiting for so long it's actually terrible. My interview was on the 31st March *sigh*. Thank you for the good luck but I'm not feeling too confident :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by ZeeMaame
Hey,

It's probably stated this for about a week and 2 days now. I have been waiting for so long it's actually terrible. My interview was on the 31st March *sigh*. Thank you for the good luck but I'm not feeling too confident :frown:

My interview was mid March so don't give up. 🤞
I imagine your status wouldn't say they will be in touch if you hadn't got through.
It does take far too long though 😰 x
Original post by Matilda48
My interview was mid March so don't give up. 🤞
I imagine your status wouldn't say they will be in touch if you hadn't got through.
It does take far too long though 😰 x

Thanks hun, will keep you updated. How's pre-employment checks going. You looking forward to eventually starting?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Thanks hun, will keep you updated. How's pre-employment checks going. You looking forward to eventually starting?

I've had an email stating that checks can take 25 working days, I've completed everything so just waiting now. Really looking forward to starting, though now quite liking the idea of perhaps having July off and starting August 😎
Yep please let me know how you get on, were us the position you've applied for? x
The position I applied for is in London hun. I really would like this job.

How was you informed when you got the provisional offer? If it was by email, what email address did they send it from? Was it the usual [email protected]?
Reply 8
The position I applied for is in London hun. I really would like this job.

How was you informed when you got the provisional offer? If it was by email, what email address did they send it from? Was it the usual [email protected]?

It was by email, stating following interview they would like to make a provisional offer of employment following successful completion of vetting checks.
Yes same email that you have, although I did call the recruitment phone no beforehand. They told me a decision had been made but he couldn't tell me the outcome, I had to wait for the email.
Next I received, again by email, forms to complete to start the vetting, a health check and by post a Scotland disclosure form. A long process isn't it 😫
Give them a call - they may be able to tell you when you can expect to hear 🙂
Hi there,
Has anyone had a provisional offer from MOJ and filled in the pre employment check forms?
I have to put 5 years employment history including my present employer down, does anyone know if they contact your present employer? I've not said I'm leaving yet so don't want them to recieve a reference request when they have no idea I'm looking to leave 😱
There's nowhere else on the forms for actual references
Thanks in advance

When you filled form in did it say allow or not.

But the last job I had with them asked you on the form. Contact after interview was ok.
Reply 10
Original post by Rooster11366
When you filled form in did it say allow or not.

But the last job I had with them asked you on the form. Contact after interview was ok.

Hi,
No where on the form actually asked for references, just last 5 year employment history.
I called them, I've also now told my current employment about the offer and they have also received a reference request for me (glad I told them!!)
Hi,
No where on the form actually asked for references, just last 5 year employment history.
I called them, I've also now told my current employment about the offer and they have also received a reference request for me (glad I told them!!)

Talking to a friend who is moj he said. The 5 years employment history is for references.

They need to change wording on the form then. So they make that clear
Reply 12
Talking to a friend who is moj he said. The 5 years employment history is for references.

They need to change wording on the form then. So they make that clear

Hi, thanks for your reply. Does your friend know a rough time frame for checks to be completed? I've filled everything in and sent Scotland disclosure form back about 4 weeks ago now - getting impatient 😊
Hi, thanks for your reply. Does your friend know a rough time frame for checks to be completed? I've filled everything in and sent Scotland disclosure form back about 4 weeks ago now - getting impatient 😊

References down to employers Scotland disclosure has a set time. But he is not sure on that.

Do you keep a track on its process. Also if you have a ref number. Contact them to chase it up. I have done that before myself.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
References down to employers Scotland disclosure has a set time. But he is not sure on that.

Do you keep a track on its process. Also if you have a ref number. Contact them to chase it up. I have done that before myself.

Thanks again, I know my current employer had replied to the reference request. I do have the reference for Scotland disclose so I'll check on that.
Thanks
https://beta.tracker.disclosure.scot/#

I think this is the link you can use to track the progress of the checks

That was the one I used.
Reply 17

Thank you 😊