The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Religious Studies Unit 3B & 4C RST3B/RST4C 19 & 27 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

is it possible not to know virtue ethics and still be alright
Original post by Goodness_odt

I haven't Been taught that 😕
Reply 142
RST4A PREDICTIONS:
:smile::smile:
For religious experience, i can't really put unlikely on anything as its really hard to make fewer predictions due to many things not coming up recently. + Please do not ask if I'm certain or how do i know these will come up as i have made many predictions for my past exams and they have been correct, so take it or leave it. Im here to help not to be asked how i know or whatever. Anyway here:

Religious experience
Things that havent come up that have a chance of coming up:
The relationship between definitions of God/gods/Ultimate Reality and any idea of religious experience

Previous things that have come up which can come up:
Verification religious experience - 2011- very likely
Religious experience as a foundation for particular religions. Religious experience as a source of faith for individual religious people, and the contribution religious experience makes to religious faith as a whole. : Role of religious experience in one or more religions- 2013 -Very likely
Validity of religious experience (individual+ corporate existence) -2014 -Very likely
What is regarded as a religious experience + what the term means -2012 - likely
Mystical+ vision identification- 2013 - likely

Life, death+ beyond:

-Religious and secular perspectives of the value of human life- 2012 - very likely (either religious or secular or both+ May also ask about the nature of human life in a quesiton in addition to this but unlikely)
-Religious ideas about present life and life after death- 2014 very likely
-Never asked- Secular ideas aboutpresent life and life after death- very likely
-Main religious + secular eschatological+ apocalyptic teachings 2011 likely
-Religious and non religious attitudes to death- 2013 less likely
(edited 6 years ago)

Original post by revision1
I haven't Been taught that 😕

Virtue is just a little thing you can add on the end of the essay for an alternative. Don't matter if you don't know it
so i can just revise kant and natural law for deontological
and utilitarianism and situation ethics for teleological and for hybrid rule and situation ethic???if theres anything else you feel i shoud know please say
so i can just revise kant and natural law for deontological
and utilitarianism and situation ethics for teleological and for hybrid rule and situation ethic???if theres anything else you feel i shoud know please say
you have to also apply it to medical ethics
Or businesses ethics but I've been taught medical which is embryos research euthanisia active and passive blood transfusions there's a whole lot
Can I ever argue when talking about ethics and moral decision making that you can look at religion in terms of making moral decisions?? So counter act it by saying scripture conscience?
Or is this irrelevant kind of
Confused ?
Anyone doing RST4A?
Does anyone have an A* essay for dentolotical systems and moral issues?! I hate deontological?
you have to also apply it to medical ethics
Or businesses ethics but I've been taught medical which is embryos research euthanisia active and passive blood transfusions there's a whole lot

yhh i need to do the ethical issues part...are religious denominations needed
yhh i need to do the ethical issues part...are religious denominations needed

Nope theyre not needed how you revising for this? what are you using theres very limited about of notes online
is proportionalism under teleological or deontological?
Nope theyre not needed how you revising for this? what are you using theres very limited about of notes online

its the way we were taught before my teacher left she started all this sutff on religious denominations...but our new teacher taught us ways of moral decision making im guessing and im finding it hard to piece together what goes in what
Reply 153
its the way we were taught before my teacher left she started all this sutff on religious denominations...but our new teacher taught us ways of moral decision making im guessing and im finding it hard to piece together what goes in what

You do need religious denominations such as Catholics and you would link that to how Catholics use natural law in the religious question if it asked about religious denominations, hope this helped somewhat.
Original post by rkrk1
You do need religious denominations such as Catholics and you would link that to how Catholics use natural law in the religious question if it asked about religious denominations, hope this helped somewhat.

yh it does thanks so Protestants and Catholics and which systems they use
Reply 155
yh it does thanks so Protestants and Catholics and which systems they use

Yeah and maybe their views on conscience
Original post by DustToDust
Anyone doing RST4A?

I am..
Reply 157
is proportionalism under teleological or deontological?

Proportionalism is actually one of the extra hybrid ethical systems. Its hybrid because it combines Situation ethics and Natural Moral Law!
Is anyone just revising for ethics (inc. religious ethical), and not bothering with the religion side, e.g scripture and conscience?
Reply 159
Does anyone have any predictions for paper 4c ways of moral decision making, and my main question is whether they can change the questions on this paper like they did for philosophy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending