The Student Room Group

Spanish a2 (aqa) 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nikita_2313
I underlined "maltratadas" and wrote "inseguras" instead of colegios and institutos... :frown:

I thought thta colegios and institutos are basically very similar, while 'insecure" and 'badly treated' had a bigger difference... Seems like I overthought it.

i did that
Original post by KloppOClock
i did that

Ah, ok cool! Glad I'm not the only one; maybe we're right!
I'm quite worried about my essay not getting into the 'good' band for content because if not, it's a lot of marks lost 😞
For the spanish sentence:

Many people doubt that it will be successful given that there are too many risks.

how many marks would i get for:

Mucha gente duda que tenga exito dado que hay demasiado riesgos.
For the girls in the bathrooms I changed 'van a' to 'usan' because I thought they were two different words
Then for the first sentence I changed 'un par' to 'un centenar' or however it's spelt
I remember also changing cuidan or whatever it was to 'disfrutan'
(edited 6 years ago)
For the spanish sentence:

Many people doubt that it will be successful given that there are too many risks.

how many marks would i get for:

Mucha gente duda que tenga exito dado que hay demasiado riesgos.

I think you'll get 2/2 because the only mistake is you put 'demasiado' instead of 'demasiados', so you'll get 3/4 which will round up to the full two marks :smile:
Original post by GenericEm
I think you'll get 2/2 because the only mistake is you put 'demasiado' instead of 'demasiados', so you'll get 3/4 which will round up to the full two marks :smile:

thank you, btw i was checking my spanish to english and have two other questions.

is "degrade" okay to use for "denigran" and can "issue" be used as "tema"
thank you, btw i was checking my spanish to english and have two other questions.

is "degrade" okay to use for "denigran" and can "issue" be used as "tema"

I think so! I did the same for tema and then put denounce for denigran' :smile:
Reply 708
Pretty sure you shouldn't have taken a picture lol you'd get disqualified if someone found out
Original post by Ski_
Pretty sure you shouldn't have taken a picture lol you'd get disqualified if someone found out

why? I didn't take it in the exam?
lol you scared me, im gonna delete em all
How were you able to??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nikita_2313
I underlined "maltratadas" and wrote "inseguras" instead of colegios and institutos... :frown:

I thought thta colegios and institutos are basically very similar, while 'insecure" and 'badly treated' had a bigger difference... Seems like I overthought it.

Okay now I've seen the question I remember what I put.

The original:

'Muchas niñas indias suelen ser maltratadas cuando van al baño en sus colegios’

I changed ‘suelen’ to ‘temen’ because it didn’t say they were usually mistreated, it’s just that they were scared they would be?? The only issue is if there's a preposition after 'temer'. I hate prepositions in Spanish lol- I can never tell where they go.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 712
Original post by Jaffakayke
Okay now I've seen the question I remember what I put.

The original:

'Muchas niñas indias suelen ser maltratadas cuando van al baño en sus colegios’

I changed ‘suelen’ to ‘temen’ because it didn’t say they were usually mistreated, it’s just that they were scared they would be?? The only issue is if there's a preposition after 'temer'. I hate prepositions in Spanish lol- I can never tell where they go.

I put that as well, I thought de might go after it, but I couldn't think of anything else to put
Original post by sc9999
I put that as well, I thought de might go after it, but I couldn't think of anything else to put

To be honest, I'm fairly confident with that. If you think about it, ‘inseguras’ is a state, so it would have to be ‘estar inseguras’, not ‘ser’. And I’ve just done some research, and according to a Spanish native speaker, you can have either ‘temer’ or ‘temer a’. The main thing I found with that question is that it specifically said to underline one word and replace it with one word. When I’ve done questions on past papers of a similar style, it could be multiple words, so this question was a lot more limiting. I’m pretty confident about the ‘temen ser maltratadas’ though :smile:
I can't actually remember what I did even after seeing some of the pictures. I really did panic.
I expect I will resit but hey ho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest, I'm fairly confident with that. If you think about it, ‘inseguras’ is a state, so it would have to be ‘estar inseguras’, not ‘ser’. And I’ve just done some research, and according to a Spanish native speaker, you can have either ‘temer’ or ‘temer a’. The main thing I found with that question is that it specifically said to underline one word and replace it with one word. When I’ve done questions on past papers of a similar style, it could be multiple words, so this question was a lot more limiting. I’m pretty confident about the ‘temen ser maltratadas’ though :smile:

Couldn't inseguras also work though because it could mean insecure as in unsafe, rather than the feeling of being insecure? And that wouldn't be a state? But I also think temen works well so you could be right, I feel like this question was really ambiguous
Original post by GenericEm
For the girls in the bathrooms I changed 'van a' to 'usan' because I thought they were two different words
Then for the first sentence I changed 'un par' to 'un centenar' or however it's spelt
I remember also changing cuidan or whatever it was to 'disfrutan'

I put disfrutan for the one about mobile phones and un centenar for the first one too :smile:
Original post by s-e
Couldn't inseguras also work though because it could mean insecure as in unsafe, rather than the feeling of being insecure? And that wouldn't be a state? But I also think temen works well so you could be right, I feel like this question was really ambiguous

That's a good point actually. Hmm. Maybe they'll have to allow both then! As you say, it was ambiguous so if enough people put both down, when they do their little examiner discussion they'll have to consider what they will accept :smile:
That's a good point actually. Hmm. Maybe they'll have to allow both then! As you say, it was ambiguous so if enough people put both down, when they do their little examiner discussion they'll have to consider what they will accept :smile:

That's true!! Hopefully they accept both - fingers crossed :smile:

I wrote this too after originally changing maltratadas to inseguras but realised it didn't make any sense in the context of whah the recording said. I just put temen though

Quick Reply

Latest