The Student Room Group

Can I apply for a Full-Time job but quit in 2/3 months?

I want to apply for a full-time job at a 'chained' coffee shop, but I am planning to start university in September, there aren't any temporary jobs being posted atm and all the other jobs require experience whereas this one they will provide training.

My question is do you think I could apply for a Full-Time Permanent job but quit in 2/3 months
Reply 1
they will know youre about to go uni they wont hire you
I mean they can't stop you from leaving, might not give you the best reference afterwards though but if you're going to uni it won't really matter. Loads of people only stick with a job for a few months

Posted from TSR Mobile
You could but you would leave a negative impression on your employer who took the time to hire and train you, only for you to leave after 2 months. They may not help you if you apply for future jobs.
Original post by Archosaur
I want to apply for a full-time job at a 'chained' coffee shop, but I am planning to start university in September, there aren't any temporary jobs being posted atm and all the other jobs require experience whereas this one they will provide training.

My question is do you think I could apply for a Full-Time Permanent job but quit in 2/3 months

Technically you could, but you might struggle finding a job back in that industry again? Remember HR Managers move jobs / companies / industries as well.
Reply 5
Why don't you just ask them if that is possible to leave after 2 months

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending