The Student Room Group

Just missed offer for Medicine

Hi :smile: I got an open offer for Medicine and I needed 2 A*s and an A. Chemistry has been going well so far and I feel like I should be able to get an A* and I was counting on the 2nd A* being in maths however if the boundaries go up due to the C4 leaks, I am sure I will miss it.
If that's the case and I get A*AA and I've missed the A* in maths by a few marks due to the leak, is there a chance Cambridge will still accept me? :|
Thank you for any answers :smile:

Scroll to see replies

No, they won't.
I think they'll receive the total marks u got too, and maybe they'll be considerate regarding the boundaries. Have hope :smile:
Original post by P3dro
Chemistry has been going well so far and I feel like I should be able to get an A* and I was counting on the 2nd A* being in maths however if the boundaries go up due to the C4 leaks, I am sure I will miss it.

If there were indeed any leaks (this has not been confirmed yet) then the boundaries will not be affected as only a handful of candidates out of tens of thousands of entries will have seen the paper beforehand.
Original post by Forecast
If there were indeed any leaks (this has not been confirmed yet) then the boundaries will not be affected as only a handful of candidates out of tens of thousands of entries will have seen the paper beforehand.

Not true it was on snapchat- someone in media said with rate snaps go around- up to 40% of candidates could have seen it
Reply 5
Original post by Mermaidqueen
I think they'll receive the total marks u got too, and maybe they'll be considerate regarding the boundaries. Have hope :smile:

Haha yeah I'm praying, thank you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Not true it was on snapchat- someone in media said with rate snaps go around- up to 40% of candidates could have seen it

What the hell, why do I not use Snapchat more often :|

40% of the entire entry? I highly doubt that; someone would have posted the pictures on here before the exam if that was the case.
40% of the entire entry? I highly doubt that.

My friend snaps it and sends to all his say 200 contacts within minutes they all snap to their say avg 100 contacts etc- within half an hour easily 10,000 people could have seen it- with an exponential growth rate
My friend snaps it and sends to all his say 200 contacts within minutes they all snap to their say avg 100 contacts etc- within half an hour easily 10,000 people could have seen it- with an exponential growth rate

And not one of those people posted the photos on this website before the exam was sat.
And not one of those people posted the photos on this website before the exam was sat.

why would they-they want to keep to themselves and help their friends-theyre not morons, they know in doing so theyll get the R paper

Well it was posted in other places. Besides I would guess a very small percentage of the student population use TSR or any forum for that matter. Not to say that I think 40% of students have seen it (probably less than 5-10%), although if word got out that there were leaks, I'm sure many tried their very best to find them!
(edited 6 years ago)
why would they-they want to keep to themselves and help their friends-theyre not morons, they know in doing so theyll get the R paper

Struggling to see your reasoning here... you're claiming that it could have reached 10000 people within half an hour yet every single one of those would choose to 'keep it to themselves'? Then again your profile states that you think 9/11 was an inside job so I guess there's no point arguing about people letting things out.
Struggling to see your reasoning here... you're claiming that it could have reached 10000 people within half an hour yet every single one of those would choose to 'keep it to themselves'? Then again your profile states that you think 9/11 was an inside job so I guess there's no point arguing about people letting things out.

lmao that was a joke about the inside job
im claiming people are selfish and not stupid
they want to keep it to themselves and maximise their own benefits

clearly some people in this world still have no life. so ACTIVEEE on snapchat lol
Reply 15
I find it funny how this topic has changed from me asking about the leniency of Cambridge to a discussion on the leak through Snapchat :biggrin:
Original post by mashbbk
Well it was posted in other places. Besides I would guess a very small percentage of the student population use TSR or any forum for that matter. Not to say that I think 40% of students have seen it (probably less than 5-10%), although if word got out that there were leaks, I'm sure many tried their very best to find them!

Where was it posted then? I've not seen any evidence of anything being available before around 11 am this morning.
Where was it posted then? I've not seen any evidence of anything being available before around 11 am this morning.

I got a snap at 00:13 yesterday (this morning i guess) asking if i wanted the paper- i refused but im assuming the friend passed it on to others-he doesnt even do maths.a uni student

I don't do A-levels but my interest/curiosity only came about when I think around the 19th the rumours spread and I did a cursory check myself online and found some "evidence". At the time of course I had no reason to believe if any of it was true or fake (with these things, nothing is certain). Even the snaps, you'd only know after the exam that they were real. Faking exam papers is otherwise a trivial and easy task.
(edited 6 years ago)
HAHAHAHA how the **** you going to get a medicine offer but not get an A* in maths like wtf how is that even possible? It'll be peeeeaaak when people ask how you missed your offer and you say you only got an A in maths LOOOL

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending