The Student Room Group

Edexcel alevel chemistry paper 3

How am i meant to revise the practicals?? And for this paper in general? I just cant revise the whole 2 years of work in one week..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robertpotter1999
How am i meant to revise the practicals?? And for this paper in general? I just cant revise the whole 2 years of work in one week..

Do pass papers and learn the tests for ions!
Original post by totalnerd52

There is no past paper for this exam it was invented for the new spec!! Im honestly counting on this exam and i have no clue!
There is no past paper for this exam it was invented for the new spec!! Im honestly counting on this exam and i have no clue!

There are 3 Sample Papers.
There are 3 Sample Papers.

Yeah there is one and its the worst the questions are ****

i only have two, could you pm/email me the last one?
I definitely expect a question on transition metals and redox titrations for paper 3 and also apparently edexcel are hinting for a question on steam distillation.
Original post by pastelness27
I definitely expect a question on transition metals and redox titrations for paper 3 and also apparently edexcel are hinting for a question on steam distillation.

how are they hinting that
im expecting a chromatography paper Q and complex ion formatiion equations for a lot of marks
Original post by pastelness27

I also think this so badly and im truly worried because they are my worst topics 😂
Reply 9
How are there 3 papers? i only see one online :frown:
Original post by Zaydy3
How are there 3 papers? i only see one online :frown:

There is only 1
Reply 11
No I remember now that there was a second set too but my teacher never gave us them :/
Want me to email you chem set 2 papers?
if so pm me
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
how are they hinting that
im expecting a chromatography paper Q and complex ion formatiion equations for a lot of marks

My teacher said that they have emphasized steam distillation but i don't remember how and also it's a new spec point.
I did the one of the additional mocks and it went terrible.
Original post by crosssafley
I did the one of the additional mocks and it went terrible.

I did one and 60% but i need to get like 70% to get the grades i need
I did one and 60% but i need to get like 70% to get the grades i need

I got about 66% myself but since the paper is worth 40% of the grade i'm worried its too little.

Do you know roughly what the grade boundaries will be? Last year it was 68% for an A for AS.
Original post by crosssafley
I got about 66% myself but since the paper is worth 40% of the grade i'm worried its too little.

Do you know roughly what the grade boundaries will be? Last year it was 68% for an A for AS.

Yeah i know thats shockingly low fingers crossed its the same becuase my first exam was so bad
Original post by Dwarf-Shortage
i only have two, could you pm/email me the last one?

Send me your email. Ill email it to you.
There is only 1

This I should the second specimen paper 3.

Quick Reply

Latest